All day, phone line is dead.

General discussions and other topics.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by ezekielk » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:34 pm
I just posted the following message to Sonic support, but being Friday evening, and their office is closed through the weekend, I figured to repost here, in case anyone in the know can help. TIA.

--begin:

On the 12th I received an email from Sonic, saying that all is good to go, and I can disconnect from my AT&T service. My phone had a dial tone all that day, during which I attempted dialing 933# several times during the evening, with no luck.

When I got up this morning, the line was dead. I was informed by one of your representatives that I might have a dead line for about two hours, before my Sonic service kicks in...but it's been an entire day so far! So I have these questions:

Do I first need to shut down my AT&T service, before the Sonic phone service will work?

But if not: can I still go ahead and set up the DSL kit, and get online, before the phone service is activated?

I'd like to first see how the DSL goes, before I discontinue my AT&T service...in case Sonic's DSL doesn't work well for me. Thank you for your attention.

--emd
by virtualmike » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:46 pm
Support is 8 am - 10 pm 7 days a week.
by ezekielk » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:48 pm
Kewl, thanks for the info...I had read on this forum that they were closed on weekends. Must've been an older post, or perhaps a reference to another company.
by ezekielk » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:27 pm
Duh. I just realized I can't call them, as I only have one phone line, and it's dead. And I don't own a cell phone. :( Hopefully, since they're open through the weekend, they'll respond to my email tomorrow. I'll have to use public wifi to read it, though. But I can piggyback on wifi from a coffeehouse across the street when I'm home...unfortunately it's quite flaky, thus a pain to use...and the rainy weather makes it almost impossible. In fact, I'm doing that right now, though I have to reconnect every 2-5 minutes...quite a hassle. Oh, well, I'll get through this. I'm kinda itching to hook up the DSL components tonight, just to see if that will work w/o an activated phone.
by ezekielk » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:16 pm
Problem resolved! Someone on Reddit suggested I contact Sonic on Twitter, and it worked like a charm. They are sending someone out tomorrow morning, to get things cleared up.
by ezekielk » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:35 am
Sonic tech guy, Willie, dropped over and corrected the problem in almost no time. Up and running at a more than fast enough speed for my needs. Turns out ATT didn't properly adjust my DSL. I am totally pleased, and gave him two thumbs up on the service review page.
6 posts Page 1 of 1