Access USB Drive VIA SmartRG SR515AC Rouer

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by russtokar » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:13 am
Hi

I have a SmartRG SR515AC router and it has 2 USB ports. I'd Like to access a USB drive over the wifi network and suppose it's possible. Does anyone know how to set that up?
by jacob.karinen » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:23 am
Hello,

You should be able to get set up accessible storage on the 515ac by going to advanced setup -> storage service. The usb drive will need to be inserted and it should populate in the list. After that you would need to follow https://www.cnet.com/how-to/share-an-ex ... i-network/ starting from Step 3
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
by desiree.thayer » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:21 pm
GOAL --- I want to attach my hard drive to my router so my laptop can access files on the harddrive over my local WiFi.

WHERE I AM NOW --- I can copy to & from Windows laptop and Network> \192.168.42.1\public\

NEXT STEP --- I want to see/access ALL files on the router-attached hard drive, not this “public” folder.

--- QUESTION 1 of 3: Can I do this? Is the path above correct?

I know a USB hard drive-to-Router is inferior to NAS; but a slow hard drive is sufficient for now.

DEVICES

ROUTER --- SMART/RG 802.11ac VDSL2 GATEWAY MODEL: SR515ac

HARD DRIVE --- 8TB USB NTFS* harddrive (no changes to drive settings since connecting it via USB to my laptop) -- *I am pretty sure it is not FAT32

LAPTOP --- Windows 10

ROUTER SETTINGS

http://192.168.42.1/admin/
Advanced Setup > Storage Service
The Storage service allows you to use Storage devices with modem to be more easily accessed
Volumename disk0_1
FileSystem unknown
Total Space 0
Used Space 0
QUESTION 2 of 3: Is the “unknown” File system a problem?

QUESTION 3 of 3: Do I need to set up User accounts at the Router page? [Advanced Setup>Storage Services> User Accounts I want anyone on the WiFi to have access to all files on the hard drive.

Storage UserAccount Configuration
Choose Add, or Remove to configure User Accounts.
UserName N/A
HomeDir N/A
3 posts Page 1 of 1