DIY - Shafted

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by h20sno » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:38 pm
I thought sonic had better morals. That's why I signed up vs ATT.

Bait and switch. I am past the 30 day window to cancel the service. This is such a scam. I should have paid a little more for ATT or got cable. I got the same modem they rented for nothing. Works perfectly. But they say I can't get rid of the rental fee. I have done this for cable and dsl in the past with no problems from other carriers. Sonic needs to change their policies.

Now they say I can't get rid of the rental. Why didn't they highlight this when I signed up. Oh, and the phone service. REALLY! Who still uses a land line. So dumb. That device they sent is going to collect dust. What a waste of money on Sonic's part. I worked in BD/licensing my whole career. I would never setup such a lame deal like this. They could make way more money by being the Net Neutrality proponents with no half-ass fine print. Way more money. Most computer savvy people would sign up just for that.

I am cancelling as soon as I get to 12 months.
by ngufra » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:15 am
There is no charge for the fiber adapter, you can rent the residential gateway (router /switch/wifi) and sonic would rather people rent it so they can better diagnose the equipment.

From what i remember you don't have to rent their equipment; however the $10 off per month for 1 year introductory pricing requires the rental (so you must spend $10 to save $10)
Personally, i have never rented their equipment. When i upgraded to fiber, they offered to close my account and open a new one so i could benefit from the $10 off per month for a year but explained the rental required rules so i declined.

Granted they could be a little more straightforward in their pricing structure but i still think that the quality and value is there.
I believe AT&T to be worse in terms of disingenuous pricing.

-Francois
2 posts Page 1 of 1