Need Recommendation for Company to Clear Conduits in Prep for Sonic

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by anaaboe » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:17 am
I live in a condominium complex that was built in the early 90s, so it has conduit running from the street to each of the 9 buildings. Sonic came out and did a site review to determine our readiness for allowing some/most, but not all, homeowners to upgrade to fiber. Before Sonic can do their part of the installation, we have to address several issues, as outlined in their notes below:
  • The circle with and x is a pole on xxxx St, the conduit at the base feeds to the sub box labeled 1. That conduit seems open but we were unable to get through because of number of bends. Mule-tape should be placed

From box 1 to building 2160 to 72 we were able to get string through but it was very difficult. String should be removed, conduit cleared and string replaced.

From box 1 to building 07 to 11 We were unable to get through, mule-tape should be placed.

From box 3 to 2110 to 2122 conduit is blocked, once cleared pull-string needs to be placed.

From box 3 to 2130 to 2160 mule-tape needs to be placed
Can anyone recommend a company that would do this kind of work? From what I understand, we need someone to clear the conduits, but not replace them, as existing cables would still need to run through them for those not changing to fiber.

Thanks for any recommendations. I've hit a dead end.
by dane » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:04 pm
This would probably be something a low-voltage electrical contractor could assist with. If viable conduit pathway cannot be cleared, you might need to place new conduits.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1