Unable to purchase services from Sonic.Net

General discussions and other topics.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:30 am
I'm a very dissatisfied with my attempt to purchase services from Sonic.Net for the following reasons.

1. Sonic doesn't accept American Express (most corporations use American Express for their Corporate Business Cards)
2. My company is an invoice based business and we want to be invoiced rather than have monthly deductions from our accounts. One salesman said that this was possible and it has occurred before. I called back once I found a old Corporate Visa card I could use and then a second salesman said this was completely impossible. So I guess you don't want my money.

I wanted to break away from a big name like AT&T because I wanted more personalized services. However, it seems like only the big name companies work with companies regarding how payment is received. It seems like I'm hitting wall after wall when I call and try to give you money. If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were Comcast.

After this, I'll go look at WebPass and see if they can provide a better sales/service experience.

Thank you,
Jamie Ward
jwarddlp@yahoo.com
by wa2ibm » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:41 am
Funny: My Sonic services have been billed to my AMEX card since I started with them years ago.

Maybe it's just for new customers? Dunno. AMEX does charge higher merchant fees than the others.
by virtualmike » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:22 pm
The page at member tools where one can change the credit card shows Visa, MC, AmEx, and Discover.

https://members.sonic.net/account/billing/options/
(Must log in first)

Hopefully, a Sonic.net staff person will reach out to Jamie and get this resolved.
by dane » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:09 pm
Guest wrote:1. Sonic doesn't accept American Express (most corporations use American Express for their Corporate Business Cards)
2. My company is an invoice based business and we want to be invoiced rather than have monthly deductions from our accounts. One salesman said that this was possible and it has occurred before. I called back once I found a old Corporate Visa card I could use and then a second salesman said this was completely impossible. So I guess you don't want my money.
For our Fusion service, we only accept Visa and Mastercard for new customers at this time. As noted by another member, American Express has far higher fees, and these would have to end up in the cost of the service, so by limiting to Visa & Mastercard, we are able to keep the cost of the service lower. For the same reason, we do not offering invoicing nor accept checks.

Our goal with Fusion service is to add as much value as possible, while keeping costs low. Fusion delivers the fastest possible broadband, without caps or limits, plus unlimited phone, free calling to ten international destinations, a free domain name and web hosting, an electronic FaxLine and more. We manage this by keeping the product as streamlined and efficient as possible. There is some loss of flexibility here, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by john » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:57 pm
This is a very unfortunate and inflexible policy. I have been signing up a lot of clients with sonic but as noted in the other post, many businesses use Amex and/or invoice based billing. I just spent 10 minutes trying to set up 2 clients for business fusion but had to drop the order because of this limitation in your billing/accounting. disappointing.
by tkearney2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:26 am
virtualmike wrote:The page at member tools where one can change the credit card shows Visa, MC, AmEx, and Discover.

https://members.sonic.net/account/billing/options/
(Must log in first)

Hopefully, a Sonic.net staff person will reach out to Jamie and get this resolved.
by dane » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:14 pm
john wrote:This is a very unfortunate and inflexible policy. I have been signing up a lot of clients with sonic but as noted in the other post, many businesses use Amex and/or invoice based billing. I just spent 10 minutes trying to set up 2 clients for business fusion but had to drop the order because of this limitation in your billing/accounting. disappointing.
We will soon begin accepting ACH bank debit, so perhaps that'll be an option that'd help. But today, the Fusion product is only available with a Visa or Mastercard credit or debit card.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
7 posts Page 1 of 1