Email setup on Outlook for Mac (version 16.27) or native Mail app?

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by robowan » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:14 pm
Howdy,

I see there are instructions for setting up a Sonic email account on Outlook for PC, but there's nothing for Outlook on a Mac or the native Mail app. I've added it successfully (once, about 3 months ago) but it only pulls in the mail once then remains offline. There's no way to send or receive anything after the initial setup.

I got tired of using webmail to check my Sonic email today so decided to bite the bullet and call tech support. The person I spoke to was polite, but absolutely useless. He wanted me to believe that no one at Sonic uses a Mac, for one. He also said they don't really support email clients. Comcast, as much as I dislike them, was both easy to set up and had wonderful tech support (although I rarely needed it). This person made it sound like I was asking something out of the ordinary.

So...has anyone successfully set up Sonic email on Outlook for Mac, or the native Mac Mail app?

Thanks,
Tim
by miken » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:09 pm
We do have support articles on how to set up the native mail client for Mac: https://help.sonic.com/hc/en-us/article ... Apple-Mail

We should also be able to walk you through the process over the phone. I'm sorry for the last experience you had and will look into it. I'm going to have someone reach out and try to get you set up, but if you miss their call please don't hesitate to give that article a look and call back if you need to.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1