Had to cancel the internet services

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by wenjiezhang2013 » Wed May 24, 2023 4:02 pm
I had to cancel the internet services.

At the beginning, I thought Sonic is the one service provider can stop me jumping around different providers to get the best price and value.

I have been paying $49 monthly for years and $16+ for the home phone services I never need, and just now I realized that Sonic increased my price two months ago without even bother to let me know about this increase, very disappointed and frustrated. Requested to cancel my services just now.
by jerrielm » Thu May 25, 2023 10:06 am
Hello!

I am sorry to hear that you are canceling service with us. I 100% understand the frustration with the recent price increase. We are working to ensure that our communications with our customers are better when informing our customers of price increases. I would love to keep you as a customer, but I understand that might not be what you want.

On the topic of phone service, this can be removed if you apply for the ACP (https://www.sonic.com/affordable-connectivity-program) Once the ACP has been applied to your account, we will be able to remove the phone service. I hope this helps.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me here or by emailing support@sonic.com with the subject including "CES"

Best Wishes!
by wenjiezhang2013 » Thu May 25, 2023 7:36 pm
Why the requirement to remove a phone service is I have to be part of the ACP? As a ordinary customer I do not have the right to reject a service I never need? This is not acceptable
by jerrielm » Wed May 31, 2023 10:02 am
wenjiezhang2013 wrote:Why the requirement to remove a phone service is I have to be part of the ACP? As a ordinary customer I do not have the right to reject a service I never need? This is not acceptable
Hello!

Thank you for your feedback. At this time, the ACP is the only way to remove the phone service from our Fiber 1gig customer service. We are looking towards other ways to help our non-lower income customers in the form of loyalty and reward programs.

Best Wishes!
4 posts Page 1 of 1