Return rented equipment

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by chiencat » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:45 am
On June 14, 2022, I noticed that I have been paid a cumulative total of >$400 for equipment rental over the last 3.5 years, whereas the underlying equipment only costs $160. I asked for instructions to return the equipment and to stop charging me for rental, but still have not received them.

I only have access to the apartment and the equipment until June 28, 2022.

On June 22, 2022, I emailed again to ask for instructions for returning the Eero equipment and specified that if instructions are not provided by June 28, then it would not be reasonable to continue charging me for the equipment rental going forward.

I have not received any response nor any instructions to return the equipment. Does this mean that Sonic will no longer charge me for equipment rental going forward?
by dane » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:44 am
Best bet would be to reach out to support, they can be reached by phone or text, at http://Sonic.com/support
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ngufra » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:42 am
For your money you got equipment rental as well as support and service from sonic even if the issue is within your network. If you use your own equipment, you don't pay the rental but have to supply your own equipment and if it breaks you need to replace it, or if you need support and sonic sends a technician you may be charged a fee.
In your case you may never have needed that.
I have also been paying for earthquake insurance for many years and never got anything for that money.

This issue should be handled by calling sonic rather than posting on the forum, as Dane wrote; however it seems you tried twice so I understand your posting here.
I did not know sonic would send you a return label; I assumed you would send it yourself.
I have been using pirateship for buying and printing shipping label. They are fairly cheap and use usps as well as major delivery service. Maybe sonic can tell you where to return it and it maybe more cost effective to ship it yourself.

Please update us on whether you successfully returned the equipment and stopped being charged.
by uzlonewolf » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:25 am
ngufra wrote:I have also been paying for earthquake insurance for many years and never got anything for that money.
Have you paid nearly 3x the value of your house for said insurance? No? Then it isn't exactly a fair comparison now is it?

Insurance only works when your premiums are cheaper than replacing whatever's insured. Otherwise it's nothing but a pointless waste of money.
4 posts Page 1 of 1