accused of not returning the device properly

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by jessiejuheehong » Mon May 23, 2022 3:53 pm
I moved out of the service area, so I returned the eero on May 17th via the label Sonic sent me. (I put on the label myself.) Then on May 19th, out of blue I got an email from Sonic saying that I had returned them shoes instead.

First of all, I'd like to make it clear that I only had one package to send recently (the eero to Sonic). I didn't need to be sending shoes to anyone and I would never cheat Sonic like that. So I am extremely annoyed and frustrated that this happened, all the more because I'm currently overseas on a 3-month-long trip and don't intend to return to the US anytime soon (making it harder to contact Sonic, UPS, etc.), and I also don't want to (and in fact do not intend to) pay for the "missing" eero when I have done everything right on my end.

I don't want to be pointing fingers, but some people have told me that someone in the UPS might be responsible for the lost item. I contacted the UPS, but their customer service reps told me there was nothing I could do from my end because Sonic was the one that sent me the label, so I would like to request that Sonic open a UPS investigation into this. (I in fact asked this in the email as well, but haven't heard back about this.)

I described what the box I sent in myself looked like in my response to their email, and also requested for photos of the box and the contents as well as proof that the *first* time the team opened the box it was shoes inside and nothing else, so I could be sure. I have not heard back from the team at all regarding these evidences either.

My experiences with Sonic customer service has been great thus far, so I'm frankly quite disappointed in what's transpired in the last week, but I hope this misunderstanding could be cleared up as soon as possible. I unfortunately didn't take a picture when I was packing that box, which is a bit of a shame. Does anyone here know what I could do?
by jessiejuheehong » Mon May 23, 2022 4:30 pm
I have a even weirder update. I'd sent them proof (photo of my receipt) that shows that I dropped off the parcel on MAY 17th. Just now they got back to me with a photo saying that the parcel was sent on May 15th, and even though I had given them a description of the box I sent (not a parcel), they completely ignored any information I had given them about my own box I sent in and continue to accuse me with some random parcel that I have enough proof of not sending in myself. Weirdly enough though it does have a label with the same tracking # and my account name so I am now rather worried about my account security. Either Sonic sent in two same labels to different people or UPS somehow swapped my parcel (which I don't think is possible since I sent in mine on the 17th), so I am not sure why I am spending my time (I am in fact quite busy) on this. I would like to request that Sonic look for another box as I have described in my emails with Sonic or file an investigation with UPS.
by brandonc » Tue May 24, 2022 9:25 am
Hi Jessie,

This is certainly a very strange occurrence to say the least! I'm sorry that it seemed like we were accusing you of something you didn't do, that certainly was not our intention at all. We just wanted to check in with you in case you were mailing several things and accidently put the labels on the wrong packages. From what I have read through on your account notes and emails with us regarding this, it seems that we did receive your package with the Eero inside the day after we received the mystery shoe package. It's really unclear where that other package came from and it's the first time we've ever had this happen to our knowledge, so we believe it was some very weird one-off issue.

We did mark the Eero as returned, so everything is squared away in that regard.

We're very sorry for all trouble this caused!

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1