Sonic Mailing list archives broken

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by gizmos » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:52 pm
Go to lists.sonic.net and pick any list with a public archive. Mine happens to be "Hecnet-List" but you can pick another. AFAIK they're all broken. Click on the list, and then on the list home page click "visit the Hecnet-list archives" (or whatever list archives). You get "403 Forbidden". This used to work; it's supposed to work. Don't know exactly how long it's been broken. Please fix it!

Thanks...
by gizmos » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:53 pm
Update - I changed the Hecnet-list archives to private, since this apparently fixes the problem. I would really prefer them to be public though, but I'm stuck because I need access.

You can still see the problem with any of the other lists that have public archives. Try atariparty-news or BerkeleyDailyPlanet, for example.
by joemuller » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:58 pm
Hi Gizmo - I've found and fixed a permissions issue on lists.sonic.net that was preventing public archives from being viewable. If you turn public archives back on for your mailing list, they should work now.

-- Joe M
Sonic System Operations
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by gizmos » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:07 pm
Works great. Thanks, Joe!
4 posts Page 1 of 1