Best TV Antenna for San Rafael?

Television services and online video discussion.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by JohnL » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:24 pm
Hello Sonicizers...Anybody have a recommendation for the best antenna to pick up Sutro Tower from San Rafael?
by dct » Fri May 24, 2019 9:25 am
The distance from San Rafael to the Sutro Tower is only about 25 miles, so most unamplified antennas should work pretty well. There is the Mohu Curve 50 Amplified antenna that works really well, and has around a 50 mile range. It picks up HD signal, and most of the channels that can be broadcast over the air. It's a little expensive, but it's one of the best you can get for the price!
Dan T.
Community & Escalations Manager
707-547-3400
@Sonic
by dane » Fri May 24, 2019 9:34 am
OTA antenna are an awesome solution, particularly if you pair them up with a DVR device like a Tivo Roamio or Channelmaster Stream+ or Amazon Recast or an AirTV.

Another light on the horizon is Locast. They are a nonprofit that streams local channels free, supported by donations. They're not available here yet, but they're taking donations to vote for where their next markets will be: https://www.locast.org/
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by cmeisel » Tue May 28, 2019 3:28 pm
I am using a OTA indoor antenna (just for testing) and get over 68 channel, 20 of them HD. I played with two services that worked well. One is Plex (you can get a yearly or lifetime license) and another one is Channel DVR (cheap and works really well) together with a SiliconDust HDHomeRun Connect 2-Tuner (you can get more) device. Overall I am impressed.
Streaming services like Hulu or youtube tv also work but OTA antenna and just hulu vod / netflix also works really well :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1