DIRECTV Refer-a-friend

Television services and online video discussion.
106 posts Page 1 of 11
by dane » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:32 pm
Refer-A-Friend program is now available for new Sonic.net DIRECTV customers.

What: A program that allows us to reward current DIRECTV customers for referring new DTV customers. Both the referring and the new customer will receive $10 off for 10 months ($100 each in credits) when the new customer signs up for DTV via Sonic.net.

The new DTV customer must provide the current DTV customer account number when signing up with Sonic.net in order to receive the discount. Note that it CAN'T be added later. 6-8 weeks after the new customer is activated, both customers will start to see the bill credits. which will continue for 10 months. There is a maximum of 10 credits during a one-year period per customer - but if you were to stack up a few of these, you could be getting $20, $30, or up to $100 per month off your DIRECTV bill.

Note that you do not have to have DIRECTV via a Sonic.net bundle to be eligible, so this is some consolation for those who were unable to bundle their broadband & DTV for a discount - you can now get a discount just for referring a new customer.

This program is in effect now, but is may be discontinued for new sign-ups in future (of course, any earned credits will continue), so refer now!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by mark » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:05 pm
We both get $100 off? Okay, I'm going to go find my account number, so you can all be my friend. Will post shortly.

DTV rocks, I certainly recommend it and would be happy to be your referral partner! :)

Mark
by jenny » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:44 pm
mark wrote:We both get $100 off? Okay, I'm going to go find my account number, so you can all be my friend. Will post shortly.
Yes, the credit will appear on BOTH the current and new customer account.
Jennifer Daly

Supervisor - Billing and Order Processing Team
Sonic.net, Inc
jenny@corp.sonic.net
by scott » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:14 pm
Pick me! Pick me! :)

My DirecTV account number is: -----

( Now, you might think I'm nuts for posting my account number on a public forum...and maybe I am. )

Edit: Thanks guys -- I'm maxed out on referrals, so give the next person a chance. :)

Thank you all for all the referrals! :D

-Scott
by jnurthen » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:09 pm
I'd really appreciate the credit!

My account number is xxxxxxx

My referrals have run out so I'd love some more :D

I've quit DirectTV and moved to Dish as Direct was becoming way too expensive. If anyone wants a Dish referral ($50 credit) PM me.
by gp1628 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 am
Does that still put the little dish up on the roof?
by dane » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:37 am
gp1628 wrote:Does that still put the little dish up on the roof?
Yup, DIRECTV is a DBS satellite system. They use more satellites than they used to, so the dishes are oval shaped, picking up two or three satellites generally. This allows delivery of a ton of HD content and hundreds of channels.

With the DIRECTV system, we also connect it to your broadband connection, allowing full 1080P HD content on demand and accessed from the set top box interface. It's a nice integration of the best of broadcast and via broadband, in a single interface.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by gp1628 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:43 am
I could never get them to send someone out to do a test for signal. I refused to talk to them unless they did.
by jenny » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:47 am
Yes, DIRECTV service is satellite television service and requires the placement of a dish on your property.

Standard installation includes:

- Install your DIRECTV dish on your roof, balcony, or other outside location within 100 feet of your TV (as long as there is an unobstructed view to the southern sky)
- Run up to 125 feet of cable from your dish to the receiver(s) and 25 feet of phone line
- Connect your DIRECTV System to your previously connected equipment
- Provide a 20-minute lesson on using your new equipment
- Assist in activating your service

Also, DIRECTV likes to setup the order prior to a site check. It's just more efficient. If they can't get a good line of site when they come out for the install, there is no obligation, the order is canceled, and any money paid is refunded.

Thanks!
Jennifer Daly

Supervisor - Billing and Order Processing Team
Sonic.net, Inc
jenny@corp.sonic.net
by gp1628 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:53 am
How does Sonic handle it if it turns out that there is no unobstructed signal. I heard horror stories of "well just call someone to cut a hole in those trees"
106 posts Page 1 of 11