not getting my bundle discount for DirecTV

Television services and online video discussion.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by parkeree » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:46 am
Please help! I signed up for the fusion and DirecTV bundle in October 2011. Everything has been great except one thing--I have not been getting my $5 per month discount from DirecTV.

My understanding of the situation is that Sonic by accident did not put the bundle discount on the original order to DirecTV. I've called both DirecTV and Sonic multiple times in the past 10 months, and the issue is still not resolved.

Can someone please help me get a $50 credit (for the $5 per month bundle discount I should have been receiving for the past 10 months) and get it fixed so I get the bundle discount going forward? Thanks!
by jenny » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:38 pm
Hello,

I've followed up with our contact at DIRECTV as to the status of this discount. As of our correspondence back with them in April we were to understand this had been corrected. I'm sorry to hear it wasn't and will update you via email as to when this will be fixed and what adjustments will be made.

Thank you,
Jennifer Daly

Supervisor - Billing and Order Processing Team
Sonic.net, Inc
jenny@corp.sonic.net
by parkeree » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:39 pm
This issue still hasn't been fixed. I am still not receiving my bundle discount from DirecTV ($5 per month), and I have not received an adjustment from DirecTV ($60 for the 12 months that I have not been getting the bundle discount). Please help. Thanks!
by dane » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:34 pm
Per our contact at DirecTV, they say:

We are showing that the customer is currently receiving the $5 monthly credit for this. Here is a list of the dates the customer has received this credit.

04/28/12 $-5.00
05/28/12 $-5.00
06/28/12 $-5.00
07/28/12 $-5.00
08/28/12 $-5.00
09/28/12 $-5.00
10/28/12 $-5.00

This credit will continue for 24 months, so you will receive the full value of the bundle discounting.

Your Sonic.net account is also being discounted by $5 as well.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by parkeree » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 pm
Dane, thanks for looking back into this.

I went back through my bills and I did find $5 credits corresponding to those dates, but on each statement it was listed as "cash back for 12 months," so I did not pick up on it as the sonic bundle discount.

Each time I called DirecTV, the representatives told me that there was no sonic bundle discount on my account; I guess they didn't realize either that the "cash back for 12 months" was the bundle discount.

As long as I continue to get the $5 off per month I don't really care what it's called. I just hope it doesn't expire in 12 months.

Thanks for clarifying!
by dane » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:31 pm
parkeree wrote:Dane, thanks for looking back into this.

I went back through my bills and I did find $5 credits corresponding to those dates, but on each statement it was listed as "cash back for 12 months," so I did not pick up on it as the sonic bundle discount.

Each time I called DirecTV, the representatives told me that there was no sonic bundle discount on my account; I guess they didn't realize either that the "cash back for 12 months" was the bundle discount.

As long as I continue to get the $5 off per month I don't really care what it's called. I just hope it doesn't expire in 12 months.

Thanks for clarifying!
I think you are right - the $5 discount you are seeing appears to NOT be the DTV side of the bundle discount, it's the discount for automated paperless billing and payment instead.

Jenny on our team is the product lead on the DTV offering, and she is working now with our reps at DTV to correct the 24 month broadband bundle discount which was not applied.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by jenny » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm
Hello,

I believe everything is now resolved, please do let me know if there is anything further.

Thank you,
Jennifer Daly

Supervisor - Billing and Order Processing Team
Sonic.net, Inc
jenny@corp.sonic.net
7 posts Page 1 of 1