Tv streaming

Television services and online video discussion.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
by Sizzle84 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:09 am
How is Sonic fttn 20mbps with tv streaming services like YouTube Tv and sling? Worried about reliability.
by miken » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:20 am
Most streaming services are going to utilize about 3-5Mbp/s for 1080p so the bandwidth shouldn't be any problem at all.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by parker_day » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:07 pm
20Mbps should be enough for a couple of HD YouTube TV streams plus general network traffic. Almost all of the streaming services offer trial periods which should give you a good idea of service reliability.
by goetsch » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:07 pm
We've generally got a couple of streams running all day--Sling, Hulu, Netflix, etc.--and the connection supports them all.
by ngufra » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:36 pm
Are you streaming to your house or from your house ?

If streaming to your house (netflix/hulu amazon video) you should be fine.

Otherwise, if the speed is 20 Mbps in both directions, you should be fine too.
If it's less upstream and you use things like tablo tuner or a plex server, remote viewer may need to adjust their bandwidth.
by bobrk » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:04 am
Sizzle84 wrote:How is Sonic fttn 20mbps with tv streaming services like YouTube Tv and sling? Worried about reliability.
It works great. We usually have several streams running. Much better than the old ATT DSL at 6Mbps.

Reliability has been pretty good over the last 3 years I've had it but lately there have been some random drops.
by sizzle84 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:38 pm
thanks everyone, giving my current isp the ax and switching over to sonic. i especially love the that there's no data caps.
by ankh » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:28 pm
I apparently need a streaming TV account somewhere to allow us to view C-span.

Can anyone recommend a TV provider for that purpose?

We have no interest in watching TV, aside from the government humor program that C-spam offers.
by dane » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:31 pm
ankh wrote:I apparently need a streaming TV account somewhere to allow us to view C-span.

Can anyone recommend a TV provider for that purpose?

We have no interest in watching TV, aside from the government humor program that C-spam offers.
I’ve got YouTubeTV service and it’s got C-span. More info here: https://cordcutting.com/how-to-watch/c-span/
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:37 pm
Probably the cheapest option is to use the YouTube app on your TV or streaming device and subscribe to the C-SPAN channel. For additional ideas, do a web search on "how to stream c-span". Note that to use C-SPAN's own streaming service, you have to have a subscription to some sort of TV service that carries that channel.
10 posts Page 1 of 1