Issue signing up for Direct TV through Sonic.

Television services and online video discussion.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by nwaymire » Mon May 07, 2012 6:35 pm
I tried to sign up for Direct Tv through sonic last week, but i was going to have to pay some crazy fees because my credit didn't qualify. However, through Direct TV I don't have this problem. I called Direct TV's service and they say that it shouldn't be coming up through Sonic either. I have excellent credit, so I'm not sure how there could be an issue other than something with the way Sonic does their data entry?

Has anyone had this problem or suggestion on how to go about doing it. My understanding is I HAVE to have sonic.net sign me up, but i have to pay more that way, which negates the discount and the advantage of having sonic over ATT.

Thanks
by jenny » Mon May 07, 2012 9:57 pm
DIRECTV has us use the exact same system as people in their call centers to place orders. I'd be really interested to see what changed between the two orders as there should not have been a difference. I can take a look in the morning and will follow-up via email with what I find.

Thank you for the information,
Jennifer Daly

Supervisor - Billing and Order Processing Team
Sonic.net, Inc
jenny@corp.sonic.net
by ridwant » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:10 pm
Hello,

I have similar problem. I have contacted sonic.net to place my DirectTV order. The order was declined by DirectTV. I have excellent credit, so it should not be a problem. Sonic.net representative asked me to call DirectTV which I did. The DirectTV indicated nothing wrong me and suggested me to sign up directly. He took all the info, ran credit check and said there's nothing wrong and he can placed the order then.

I called Sonic.net back to see if I would still get a bundle if I sign up through direct tv and the answer is no. I asked Sonic.net to place the order one more time and it's declined again. I am just wondering if anyone has this problem before, that's unable to place direct tv order via sonic.net, but able to do so directly.

Regards,

Ridwan

PS: I used to be an Direct TV customer a while back, but it's already more than 2 years ago. Not sure if this is the issue, but ordering directly to Direct TV seems fine though
by jenny » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:37 am
Had a moment to talk with DIRECTV this morning, and they let me know that their credit check system is a little more lenient for them than it is for their dealers. The thought process behind it is that if there is going to be a chance of liability, DIRECTV would rather take it themselves.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Jennifer Daly

Supervisor - Billing and Order Processing Team
Sonic.net, Inc
jenny@corp.sonic.net
by dane » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:49 am
That's too bad, as now that customer won't be able to get our broadband bundle, worth $10/mo.

To the poster, DO be sure to use a refer-a-friend code, that will save you $10/mo for 10 months at least. You can likely find a friend online here in the forum.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
5 posts Page 1 of 1