other advantages to signing up through sonic?

Television services and online video discussion.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by kkeller » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:12 pm
Hi Directv watchers,

I gave up my Dish Network subscription a few months ago because I was pretty much only interested in the NHL. So I ordered their streaming product for the season; unfortunately, they didn't mention that this season they would carry all playoff games on national stations, and so I couldn't get *any* playoff games through my subscription. So, now I'm looking at cable and satellite again. :(

I am wondering, besides the $5 credit on each bill, are there any other advantages of signing up through Sonic instead of directly through Directv? For example, if there's a problem with reception, is Sonic the first point of contact or is it Directv? I can't think of any other examples, but if you have any I'd love to know them.

My desires are really basic: I want the least expensive package that provides me the most playoff hockey in HD. In the interests of full disclosure, I am also looking at Dish, which has a package of HD-only channels with all the stations I want for $60/month (with a small discount for a 24-month commitment). The discounts with Directv seem better, but the non-promo prices are greater.
by dane » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:06 pm
The only difference in bundling with Sonic.ner broadband service is the bundle discount. You save $240 over the two years, $5 off both your broadband here and $5 off your DirecTV bill. If you are buying DTV, might as well do it with us!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1