currently have DTV but not through Sonic...

Television services and online video discussion.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by nyee » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:37 pm
We've had DTV for maybe the last 6 years (so we're no longer in contract).

Would it be possible:
1) to switch "in-place" to DTV via Sonic (with my existing acct) to take advatange of the bundle discount
2) or canceling existing DTV service then opening a new acct through my wife (without service interruption)?

thanks,
-norm
by thulsa_doom » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:59 pm
Hi there,

Our deal with DirecTV doesn't allow us to poach their existing users, including folks that have previously had service with them up to x years back. I don't remember the exact duration of their memory on the matter, but if you're a current DTV subscriber we definitely wouldn't be eligible to take you on for the bundling deal.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by dane » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 pm
thulsa_doom wrote:Our deal with DirecTV doesn't allow us to poach their existing users, including folks that have previously had service with them up to x years back.
Two years.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by manangansf » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:42 am
You should post this information on your website since I just switched to sonic.net with the expectation that I could leverage the DTV bundle once I cancel my current account. This is not the case and it is not posted anywhere on your site except in this forum post.

While this may not be deliberate it still smacks of false advertising and as my first experience with my new phone and internet provider it is a poor one. You are just very fortunate that AT&T has poor service and high rates otherwise I would just be cancelling this new service.
by dane » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:52 pm
I will talk to the team about making it clearer that the discounting/bundling is only available for new DTV customers. Thanks for the suggestion.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
5 posts Page 1 of 1