Streaming issues

Television services and online video discussion.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by Ryderbird » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:58 pm
Anybody else in the Santa Rosa/Rincon Valley area experiencing poor streaming? For the last month or so, most times, whenever we watch something on Netflix or HBO (Roku) either it keeps spinning and never loads, or continues to reload during the program, which is very frustrating. Some nights we've just given up. We were gone for two weeks and just returned and I was hoping it resolved itself, but it hasn't. I'll probably have to call Sonic. It just wondered if anybody else has had this same problem. I really hate to go back to Comcast, but we can't live with this. Seems like emails are downloading slower as well.
by amayfield » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:33 pm
We definitely want to troubleshoot with you to determine the cause of your connectivity issues. I wasn't able to locate your account - if you log in to the forums with your Sonic username and respond to this post I'll take a look at your line. Alternatively you can Private Message me your Sonic account information.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by beckyolsen » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:01 am
Thanks Andrew. I also emailed customer service (Sonic #4322168) but have had no reply yet. Somebody suggested unplugging Roku but it seems more than just the streaming. Email is very slow to download and even watching short videos on Facebook is almost impossible this morning. They keep pausing and reloading. Thanks for your help.
by beckyolsen » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:59 pm
I tried unplugging both the Roku and internet router for several minutes and then turned everything back on. The initial test shows my emails downloading way faster than before and for the little time I checked a program on HBO, it didn't keep reloading. So maybe problem is solved, but why must I unplug everything to maintain a decent connection?
by ankh » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:51 pm
https://text.npr.org/s.php?sId=702422888

Too Much Video Streaming To Choose From? It's Only Going To Get Worse
... More than 70 percent of Americans households still have some kind of pay TV, according to eMarketer. But close to 60 percent now have at least one streaming service. And nearly half of consumers surveyed by Deloitte said they were frustrated by the growing number of subscriptions and services needed to watch what they want.

People who want to see a new program have no choice but to subscribe. Hulu's original The Handmaid's Tale coincided with a spike in new subscribers. Game of Thrones appears to have given HBO's streaming service a boost.

But the costs can add up. Smith, his wife and their two children have accounts with Netflix and Hulu. They also pay for Amazon Prime, cable and broadband at a cost of nearly $340 a month.

"So far I'm able to absorb the cost," Smith says. "But I still would like to find one service that offers the stations [his wife] likes. So, it's just sort of finding that right mix that offers everything we're looking for."

Unfortunately for Smith, that service may not be coming any time soon.

5 posts Page 1 of 1