No longer available: Sonic/DISH TV bundle, with 4K Hopper 3

Television services and online video discussion.
42 posts Page 1 of 5
by dane » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:52 pm
[EDITED July 2020 - with the rise in streaming services and internet TV alternatives, Sonic is no longer offering DISH service packages.]

I'm pleased to announce that Sonic now offers a new bundled satellite TV offering, from DISH TV! Members who bundle either DISH or DIRECTV with their Sonic service will receive $10/mo off their Sonic bill, for a full year.

The ability to bundle with either DIRECTV or DISH also makes Sonic a really useful resource: by offering both, we can help you understand the pros and cons of DISH versus DIRECTV, and help you select the best fit. Each service has unique advantages, so you will find it useful to talk to a team that can give you the straight scoop on both.

The timing is great, because DISH just released the new Hopper 3, a 4K capable advanced DVR which can record up to sixteen shows at once. Netflix will be fully integrated, and the service includes a year of Netflix (or a year's service credit on your existing Netflix account), free. For more on the Hopper 3, see:
Wired - Hopper 3 Is the Most Ludicrously Powerful Cable Box Ever

DISH's most popular television service package costs just $49.99/mo, and the Hopper DVR is $15/mo. (Pricing is guaranteed for three full years, this isn't a teaser rate!) With $10/mo off your Sonic service, and a $9.99/mo Netflix credit, it's a pretty awesome setup.

If you'd like to talk about TV options with our team, please ring sales at 1-888-766-4233.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by matausch » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:27 pm
I just signed up with dish last night, install is scheduled for Saturday.
Is there any way I can get the bundle?
I cant believe my luck :o
Rainer
by dane » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:48 pm
matausch wrote:I just signed up with dish last night, install is scheduled for Saturday.
Is there any way I can get the bundle?
I cant believe my luck :o
Rainer
You'd have to stop that order and start over with Sonic directly. Sorry! What timing! (And, were you able to secure a Hopper 3? It's not always the offered hardware.)

Funny coincidence: my own order for DISH at home is also scheduled for installation on Saturday. Looking forward to watching the Superbowl commercials on Sunday on my new Hopper 3!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:34 pm
How may hours of broadcast can the DVR record? My current DVR with my cable company (not C*mc*st) is full around 20 hours of HD TV.
by dane » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:52 pm
virtualmike wrote:How may hours of broadcast can the DVR record? My current DVR with my cable company (not C*mc*st) is full around 20 hours of HD TV.
Up to 500 hours of HD. You can find a comparison of the older and new equipment here, plus links to news coverage about the new Hooper 3:
https://www.mydish.com/upgrades/product ... he-hoppers
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:45 am
Hello Dane

Yes I get the new hopper 3.
This was the reason I went with dish in the first place.
Sounds like that a great piece of equipment.
Good to see that sonic can offer this partnership with dish even when I am a day late to the party.

What a timing on my part. Lol.

are you interested in a little (install) race?
Whoever of the two of us gets the hopper first gets a beer or a coffe from the "looser" lol.

Rainer
by Dan Gillmor » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:05 pm
Is this available for DSL customers?
by dane » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:47 pm
Dan Gillmor wrote:Is this available for DSL customers?
Yep, the $10/mo discount can be applied to any service.

I got my own new DISH service installed today, and it was quick and easy. I love the simple $65/mo ($49.99+$15.00) total pricing for three years. We really struggle with getting customers on board with DTV's many jumps in price through the term and after.

I'm waiting for take-out and watching live and DVR content off my Hopper 3 while the kitchen packs up the to-go! So cool.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ichristie » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:19 am
Requires a credit check? sigh.
by dane » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:39 am
ichristie wrote:Requires a credit check? sigh.
It's not required, but if you skip it, there's a large up-front payment to secure the costs of the hardware. I'll check with the team and see how much this is and let you know.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
42 posts Page 1 of 5