No longer available: Sonic/DISH TV bundle, with 4K Hopper 3

Television services and online video discussion.
42 posts Page 2 of 5
by ichristie » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:55 am
If it's like a refundable deposit i think i'd rather do that as it costs, like, $30 for a temporary credit unlock.
by dane » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:07 am
ichristie wrote:If it's like a refundable deposit i think i'd rather do that as it costs, like, $30 for a temporary credit unlock.
I think it's a fee, not refundable, but I'm obtaining the details and will reply shortly!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:29 pm
ichristie wrote:Requires a credit check? sigh.
Okay, I've got some details on the options for DISH service if you prefer not to provide an SSN and allow a credit check. Here's an overview of some of the details, to give you an idea of how it works. For any specific questions, please contact Sonic sales.

For customers that are looking to get set up with TV Service without a credit check or having to commit for a certain amount of years, DISH offers a packaged called "Flex TV". Flex TV is also a good fit for customers who need the freedom of stopping and restarting service whenever you need to. (For example, seasonal workers who are only in the US DISH service area for a portion of the year.)

Benefits of going with Flex TV:

No SSN or credit check required
No credit card required
No contract or commitment period
Own your equipment
More channel package options available

Other offers included with Flex TV:

HBO Free for 3 Months
Protection Plan Free for 6 months
HD Free for life
Free Standard Professional Installation

Programming packages start at $29.99 per month for DISH Latino, or $36.99 for English language packages. Equipment is purchased up-front and is yours to keep. Upfront cost for equipment would depend on what receiver you select. Examples: Hopper 3 is $350, Hopper 2 is $250.

An activation fee is also required and varies depending on the type of equipment that is selected. The activation fee can be anywhere from $50-$200. For example, a customer who got a Hopper would pay $200 to activate that. Someone who just got a non-DVR HD receiver would pay $50 to activate that.

Oh, and one last gotcha: because Flex TV requires no specific term duration, it wouldn't be eligible for the Sonic+DISH bundle discount which provides a $10/mo credit.

Looking at this all objectively, the $49.99 standard offer is a better value in all but the most exceptional cases. It provides a three year price guarantee, but only a two year agreement, and is eligible for both the year of free Netflix credit and the $10/mo off Sonic credit. This results in a very low cost.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ichristie » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:55 am
Yeah, $550 up front is pretty steep! Thanks for the info, though.
by dane » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:05 am
ichristie wrote:Yeah, $550 up front is pretty steep! Thanks for the info, though.
Yep! The standard offer and two year term, with a three year price lock is a much better deal for most people.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Pei » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:13 pm
Hello there,

I've just relocated to the bay area and I am researching options for my internet,phone and TV. I found your service quite appealing, but I have a question with the DiSH bundle.

I checked DISH website and they also have the "First Year Savings Offers". Will I be able to order that package through Sonic? I just don't like to be tied up in contracts because they make it so difficult to get out if you are not happy with the service.

Thanks a lot.
by dane » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:32 pm
Pei wrote:Hello there,

I've just relocated to the bay area and I am researching options for my internet,phone and TV. I found your service quite appealing, but I have a question with the DiSH bundle.

I checked DISH website and they also have the "First Year Savings Offers". Will I be able to order that package through Sonic? I just don't like to be tied up in contracts because they make it so difficult to get out if you are not happy with the service.

Thanks a lot.
Yes, any of the DISH offers are available, and our team can help explain the pros and cons of each. The first year savings offers for example are still a two year contract, and

DISH America'a Top 120+
First year savings offer: $39.99
Second year price: $69.99
Average price per month over two year term of contract: $54.99
Then, after the second year, the price varies to "then current rate".

Compare to today's three year savings offer:
Three year price locked at: $49.99
(But contract is only two years!)
So the three year offer is $10/mo more in the first year, but then a big savings in the second and third year.
This offer also includes a year of free Netflix, which saves you $9.99/mo if you're a Netflix user! That's not included in the first year savings offer.

Note Sonic's $10/mo bundle discount is applicable to any of these offers, so you'll save with us either way.

Sonic's team can help you consider all your options, we're a great resource in figuring this out -- because no matter what DISH product you buy, you get a bundle discount from us, so we don't have any bias in which option you take. :D
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Pei » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:22 pm
Thanks a lot for the clarification, Dane.
My other question would be, what if I move before the end of the contract term? Will Sonic + DISH still be available in my new residence? What if I move to a place where your service is not available?

Cheers.
by dane » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:52 pm
Pei wrote:Thanks a lot for the clarification, Dane.
My other question would be, what if I move before the end of the contract term? Will Sonic + DISH still be available in my new residence? What if I move to a place where your service is not available?

Cheers.
DISH will move your service for free once per year. If you move to a location where DISH is not available, they will let you out of the contract with no ETF.

Similar terms with Sonic, move orders are free, but re-start a new 12 month term. If Sonic service is not available at your new place, we would let you out of the contract as well. The only thing that Sonic requires is proof of your new address. This can be a copy of your PG&E bill with the same name as the Sonic service and the new address, or a bill from your new provider showing the same name as on the Sonic service and the new address.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Gary (new cust) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:57 pm
I was planning to do cordcutting after my recent price hike w/ATT Uverse.

Very good answer from Dane, however two more Q's if someone can comment, thanks in advance:

1) Can I use my own DVR (we used to be able to with DISH, back when) - any activation fee?

2) What is "Regional Sports Network?" does it include local coverage incl. blackouts if any of A's, Raider, Warriors, Giants and 49ers (yes, still holding on)?

If no sports then SlingTV @ $20 makes sense to me even if I can't turn off the ads. Or go cold turkey and just settle for OTA.
42 posts Page 2 of 5