Warriors Games? Giants Games?

Television services and online video discussion.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
by rarelaw2 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:00 am
Are Golden State Warriors games available on the Sonic.net/Direct TV bundle? And San Francisco Giants games? Would this, if so, be via Comcast's Bay Area sports channel or otherwise?

Crucial information!
by thulsa_doom » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:35 pm
Almost all of the Warriors games are broadcast on CSN Bay Area, which is available in all the DirecTV packages offered. The Giants' 2012 broadcast schedule hasn't been announced, so far as I know, but they're also generally on CSN and thus available on any of the Sonic.net DirecTV bundle options.

More importantly, the Sharks games are on CSNBA and occasionally Versus/NBC Sports, which requires Choice Xtra or better.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by SportsFan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:06 am
Hey there,

I was going to sign up for DirecTV (already a fusion customer) and called sonic to order the "choice" package (2nd to lowest tier). According to the direcTV website, Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area (both HD and non HD) is available on this package... however when I spoke to a sonic rep, she seemed to think that it was only included with the highest priced package.

I can not find a channel listing on sonic.net's page, so I was hoping someone can confirm whether CSNBA and CSNBAHD are indeed (still) available on the choice package?

Thank you!
by jenny » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:45 pm
Comcast SportsNet is available in either the Premier Package, or can be added on to any package, with the $12.99/mo Sports Pack that DIRECTV offers.
Jennifer Daly

Supervisor - Billing and Order Processing Team
Sonic.net, Inc
jenny@corp.sonic.net
by SportsFan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:08 pm
Jenny, thanks for the quick reply!

I meant Comcast Sportsnet BAY AREA, not the 'regular' Comcast Sportsnet. According to the DirecTV website, CSNBA and CSNBAHD is available on all but the lowest tier package. I took a screenshot to show you what i'm speaking of:

http://i.imgur.com/xoTVQ.jpg

Are the packages offered by sonic the same ones as those being offered by DirecTV on their webiste (terms, conditions, fees for equipment, and most importantly the channel lineups) or do I need to look here at sonic.net. If so, I was unable to find much of the information required.

Thanks again for all your help and especially the quickness of your reply!

Fan of Sports
by jenny » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:09 pm
I called our retailer support and they said that it's based on zip code. So if their website came up with it in Choice and above, after entering your zip code online, then if you order through us it will be no different.
Jennifer Daly

Supervisor - Billing and Order Processing Team
Sonic.net, Inc
jenny@corp.sonic.net
by that sports guy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:42 pm
Many thanks Jenny, this is exactly the reasonable and timely explanation I was hoping for when I came to sonic for my television needs.

-- rabid sports fan
by louiev77 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:44 pm
This Sonic replier says DirecTV is part of their package, but the Sonic website says they use DISH Network, so I wouldn't rely on this information given here!
by miken » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:48 pm
louiev77 wrote:This Sonic replier says DirecTV is part of their package, but the Sonic website says they use DISH Network, so I wouldn't rely on this information given here!
This topic hasn't been used in 4 years, but you are correct, we now partner with DISH. If you are looking for more information, you can check out https://sonic.com/dish or give our Sales team a call at 1-888-766-4233.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by dane » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:48 pm
louiev77 wrote:This Sonic replier says DirecTV is part of their package, but the Sonic website says they use DISH Network, so I wouldn't rely on this information given here!
Sonic formerly bundled DirecTV, but we've now switched and are partnered with DISH. You can find overview info and get started here: http://sonic.com/dish
Dane Jasper
Sonic
12 posts Page 1 of 2