Weird netflix connection issue [SOLVED]

Television services and online video discussion.
23 posts Page 3 of 3
by cooperquintin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:47 pm
The problem is fixed!!

This evening Netflix called to tell me that they had finally tracked down the issue and it was found to be a problem with the routing table between them and Sonic.net, not clear who exactly was repsonsible for fixing the routing table but either way it has been fixed! I am now able to watch every movie, they start right away, and play past two minutes! I think it should be fixed for the rest of you as well. Give it a shot!

Netflix also gave me some credit on my account for all the help I provided (packet dumps and traceroutes and stuff), thanks netflix! And thanks to Sonic if it was indeed a problem on your end that you were finally able to track down and fix.

- Cooper
by kgc » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:52 pm
I'm not sure where the fault lied but either but I'm glad it is fixed. I think the problem ended up only affecting some portion of our network.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by Tonyalove » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:24 am
Oh, thank you for the article, I have the same problem as you and have solved it
23 posts Page 3 of 3