Television

Television services and online video discussion.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by Derekwh » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:39 am
What is the latest with the television / fusion program? The last I heard was that you were fine tuning it. I am really looking forward to ditching comcast and satellite isn't an option because of the trees.
by dane » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:08 pm
Derekwh wrote:What is the latest with the television / fusion program? The last I heard was that you were fine tuning it. I am really looking forward to ditching comcast and satellite isn't an option because of the trees.
Our IPTV feature is still in development (and content contract negotiation). It will be a limited/local television offering, offering just twenty to thirty channels. For consumers who find themselves mostly using Netflix or Hulu or Prime for their content, but who want local network channels, it'll be a good fit.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by gammaco@sonic.net » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:33 am
Any update on this year old question? This is of great interest to me as I will never again be a victim of Comcast and I have no intention of erecting a 100-foot antenna tower to pull in some San Francisco stations.
by ankh » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:34 pm
We don't have a television. Life is too short to be entertained by, ya know, "entertainment"
Books, dogs, music, neighbors -- full life.

but. BUT.

I'd sure like to see the new NASA high resolution feed through Sonic:

http://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa- ... th-america

"Using an end-to-end UHD video delivery system from Harmonic, NASA Television will have the capability to deliver linear 2160p60 video content, allowing viewers to enjoy footage on a wide range of television and internet-connected devices. The new UHD channel is expected to launch on Nov. 1...."

Please don't tell me I'd have to buy some commercial entertainment thing to see the NASA feed.
There's that starting in November, and the whole earth imagery from Triana/DSCOVR
http://www.nesdis.noaa.gov/DSCOVR/index.html
which should be showing up every day soon.

Here?

http://www.nesdis.noaa.gov/DSCOVR/image ... itfull.gif
You can do it.
by dane » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:19 pm
NASA will be streaming it over the Internet.

The trick will be a playback device. Even with a 4K TV, I don't know of any 4K streaming device. My guess is that you'd need to use a high-powered laptop cabled to the TV.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ankh » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:55 pm
you'd need to use a high-powered laptop cabled to the TV.
Um, don't have a TV. Just computers.

Got a high powered computer and a big monitor, and a Sonic Fusion line. That should do it?
Even if I can't see the highest resolution available, I just want to see as much from space imagery as is available. I'll upgrade the monitors to suit whatever I can get through my Internet connection.

Yeah, I know, I'm waiting for optical fiber and talking the service up to my neighbors and city council repl.
by parker_day » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:16 pm
The Nvidia Shield (Android TV) supports 4k streaming currently. Roku have made statements that allude to 4k streaming in their next generation device. Is there an Android TV app or Roku app?
7 posts Page 1 of 1