Fusion TV -- IPTV

Television services and online video discussion.
59 posts Page 3 of 6
by kgsharp@sonic.net » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:13 pm
I am trying to get a quote for my friend who has comcast. He has a t.v. and telephone in Cloverdale, Ca.

How much is this through sonic.net????
by dane » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:58 am
kgsharp@sonic.net wrote:
I am trying to get a quote for my friend who has comcast. He has a t.v. and telephone in Cloverdale, Ca.

How much is this through sonic.net????


We offer our Fusion phone and broadband Internet service in Cloverdale, and we can bundle that with a satellite TV package from DIRECTV for qualifying new customers. Contact the team at 707-522-1000 for details, or visit http://sonic.net/directv
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by Guest » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:07 pm
Likely Brentwood Fiber customer here, chiming in to say that plenty of us would be happy dumping u-verse/xfinity tv also.
by Guest » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:40 pm
While I realise locations will be determined by bandwidth, etc.

Have you been able to start the tests yet? If so, have there been some good results?

Is this still a possibility?
by dane » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:16 pm
Guest wrote:
While I realise locations will be determined by bandwidth, etc.

Have you been able to start the tests yet? If so, have there been some good results?

Is this still a possibility?


We are testing and debugging in the lab here, and working on the content relationships, but there's still a lot to accomplish before we'll be ready.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by Michael Gest » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:22 am
I beleive that Im almost at the end of the Att line in Sebastopol by Fiesta. Im volunteering to be a Beta Tester
by alexislorenz » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:52 pm
Any updates on when Fusion TV will be available?
by dane » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:53 am
Ken wrote:
I assume Sonic will sell some set-top box to connect to the TV (like a satellite receiver), which connects to the internet (hopefully over wifi) by the Sonic modem, and it will "stream" live TV?

What kind of TV? Local channels, cable channels, or is it basically like Chromecast or Roku that streams Youtube, Netflix, and other apps in an integrated interface?


Yes, this is correct. The content will be local channels, and we are working to include optional premium channels, but those may come after launch. I'm also not confident yet that the set-top-box will include YouTube and Netflix at the initial release, but we hope to include those eventually. Vudu pay-per-view will be available and included at launch.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by thulsa_doom » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:58 pm
dane wrote:
The content will be local channels, and we are working to include optional premium channels, but those may come after launch.

Just make sure we've got CSN for Sharks games. It's been nice seeing our pretty new logo on TV.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by dane » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:56 pm
thulsa_doom wrote:
dane wrote:
The content will be local channels, and we are working to include optional premium channels, but those may come after launch.

Just make sure we've got CSN for Sharks games. It's been nice seeing our pretty new logo on TV.


CSN isn't a local broadcast channel, so it wouldn't be included. Sorry!
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
59 posts Page 3 of 6

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 422 on Sat May 26, 2012 5:28 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest