Fusion TV -- IPTV

Television services and online video discussion.
59 posts Page 1 of 6
by dane » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:02 pm
We are making good progress on our IPTV development efforts. Scene in the lab today:
http://instagram.com/p/mEMA4Njd30/
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by aw » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:34 am
Exciting! Can you give us any details at all on it? Like, will there be actual network TV networks?
by dane » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:28 am
aw wrote:Exciting! Can you give us any details at all on it? Like, will there be actual network TV networks?
Yes, this is TV.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by EastBei » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:59 pm
Come on, details. I literally just dropped att u-verse today for sonic fusion, but I do not want the direct TV bundle that is currently offered. Seeing that I dropped u-verse TV along with the voice and ISP portions I'm looking for a replacement. How long till IPTV fusion is released, will it be to all active fusion markets, (I'm in hayward) and do you need a certain speed to get it? I'm about 7700 ft from the sonic CO so I'm guessing once my service is active I'll be getting around 7.5mbps. ( Hint: put a new CO in my neighborhood you can use my yard)
by kgc » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:17 pm
I don't think we're prepared to offer up many specifics yet. We're still very early on but do have a partially functioning set top box in a couple of employee's homes today, that said, I'm not comfortable offering up any time table. It will be made available over the entire SF Bay DMA after a short trial launch in Santa Rosa and Sebastopol.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by xan_user » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:54 am
sweet!

I volunteer to be a beta tester!
by paulwermer » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:37 am
yet another very interested customer - Hope you will send updates to your customers.
by Derekwh » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:06 am
Please let me know when the TV connection is ready, we are tired of comcast and we can't get satellite here because of the trees.
by dlwasley » Tue May 06, 2014 10:19 am
kgc wrote:I don't think we're prepared to offer up many specifics yet. We're still very early on but do have a partially functioning set top box in a couple of employee's homes today, that said, I'm not comfortable offering up any time table. It will be made available over the entire SF Bay DMA after a short trial launch in Santa Rosa and Sebastopol.
Yet another very interested Sonic member.

:)
by Ken » Wed May 07, 2014 10:43 pm
Can someone please explain what IPTV is exactly?

I assume Sonic will sell some set-top box to connect to the TV (like a satellite receiver), which connects to the internet (hopefully over wifi) by the Sonic modem, and it will "stream" live TV?

What kind of TV? Local channels, cable channels, or is it basically like Chromecast or Roku that streams Youtube, Netflix, and other apps in an integrated interface?
59 posts Page 1 of 6