Unable to sign up as new account for DTV

Television services and online video discussion.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by Erik » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:12 pm
I am/will be a new Sonic.net user (just signed up, waiting for install).

My dad had a account with DirecTV that we just cancelled, and I signed up for DirecTV thru Sonic.net under my name. Got a confirmation for a install date and everything. However, no one showed up today for the install. When I called, they directed me to call another number to verify my information.

When I did, they denied my account, saying that we have had prior service and we haven't been off for 2 years yet at this address. Is there any way around this? I have never had an DTV account under my name, it was under my brother's and then my dad's (didn't have any issues then, only a week inbetween the cancel and new sign up) for over 15 years. The bundle with Sonic.net factored into my decision to switch over from AT&T (DirecTV standalone was past $100/month) but now I'm starting to rethink that decision.
by thulsa_doom » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:24 pm
My understanding is that you can get service at your location, just not as a "new customer." Their rules are in place to prevent customers from cycling through spouses, children, and family pets to get introductory rates in perpetuity. This would include not getting the Sonic.net promotional spiff.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
2 posts Page 1 of 1