One bill for Sonic.Net & direct TV?

Television services and online video discussion.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
by Guest » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:07 pm
Is there one bill for Sonic.net phone/internet AND Direct TV or does the latter come on a separate bill?
by dane » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:10 am
You will get a separate bill -- or really, a credit card charge and receipt -- from Sonic.net and from DirecTV. Each will have a -$5.00/mo credit, for a total ten dollar per month bundle savings. This credit is valid for the full two year commit to the DirecTV product, resulting in $240 in total savings.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Mauricio » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:38 pm
Hi, can anyone tell me if.....I already have Direct TV and have AT&T....if I drop At&T and go with Sonic....am I qualified for the bundle to get the savings....since I would still be a first time Sonic customer..that already has Direct TV....?? Thanks
by dane » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:02 pm
Mauricio wrote:Hi, can anyone tell me if.....I already have Direct TV and have AT&T....if I drop At&T and go with Sonic....am I qualified for the bundle to get the savings....since I would still be a first time Sonic customer..that already has Direct TV....?? Thanks
No, I'm afraid not. Our DirecTV + Broadband bundle discount is only available for those new to DirecTV.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by markf » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:25 am
Dane,

Directv is a real piece of work for a company. They were sued by 38 Attorney Generals for essentially fraud and misrepresentatition of their services. In fact they scammed me and my wife and we are working with the AG for WA for settlement.

http://blog.stupidhead.org/Politics/bad ... s/directv/
http://www.stupidhead.org/General.Busin ... recttv.php

This is not something to take lightly. Google Directv and - directv attorney general complaints - and read some of the complaints.

Directv are real scumbags Dane.
by dane » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:56 am
Thanks for the feedback Mark, I'll certainly do some research and take the results into consideration.

Do you believe that Dish would be a better partner?

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by markf » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:12 am
Dane,

Sorry about the late reply. I haven't heard anything "really" negative about Dish Network. They hired spammers a while back; this is from memory so it could have been Satellite TV and not the Dish Network. There was a lot of those types of spam but I don't have anything on my radar like with Directv.

I have not done a comparison between the two but since Directv has a lock on some of the NFL channels I suspect Directv has a greater network distribution. I did create a sticker for all those dishes that are still up. Right below the Directv logo it has "Ripped us off too".

They are bad people Dane.
by dane » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:55 am
Thanks Mark for the feedback, I'll continue to research.

For what it's worth, DirecTV has done well for our customers, and particularly with the $240 worth of discounting, if folks are guying to buy it (for the NFL, etc), it's a good offer.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by markf » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:11 am
What Directv was sued for was misrepresenting the prices and fraud. They lied to people about the costs, the prices, the contract and pretty much everything else. In our case, we wanted the Sunday Ticket and the HD and so on. We signed a two year contract. Directv offered an additional $5.00 a month off if we accepted email marketing; we declined the offer.

There were a couple of issues; the first one we accepted and was willing to eat. They lied about how much the Sunday Ticket was. Directv said $63.99 in 5 payments when it was actually 5 payments of $63.99. We discussed this with their rep and they never contradicted the $63.99 price. Their service tech never installed the package and they never put it on any invoice. All we had to go on is what they said.

We found out after their service was installed and our other service was disconnected. After we found out we decided to eat the cost. Then Directv started sending us spam and locked our account for their spam being rejected with a 550 error.

After two months of having to spend almost an hour on the telephone to pay the bill we had had enough and discontinued their service. I did some reading on the net about how they charged and charged people's CC we closed that card and opened a second and explained to our bank what was going on and to make sure the accounts were not connected.

Then we contacted the AG and I did a little research and found case after case of the Attorney Generals for multiple states suing Directv for exactly what they did to us. My wife wrote down the discussion she had with DIrectv where we tried to find out the cost of the Sunday Ticket.

We were willing to accept their fraud but we were not willing to take a chance on our credit.

This is being handled by the WA AG and still Directv sent this to two different collection agencies even after the WA AG sent them notice.

Directv are scumbags Dane and I am considering a class action against them. We are waiting to hear back from the AG for WA before we file.
by Burk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:45 pm
Just to follow on the discussion above, on deals from dish...

The new Sonic / Dish TV promotion is insulting to Sonic's customers. The teaser price for the first year is almost half the full price, which is locked in for another year, after which the customer is pretty much locked into the service via the installed equipment. If you force a 2 year contract, then quote the full 2-year price, plus the ongoing full price. That at least would be simple decency.

Similar underhanded tactics got us into the mortgage mess, with teaser rates, balloon payments, and hidden costs. I know this type of thing is standard for the TV package field, and much else these days, and I am angered every time one of these promotions arrive.
11 posts Page 1 of 2