ESPN3

Television services and online video discussion.
82 posts Page 6 of 9
by Karl » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:13 am
NO
Spend the money on getting fiber into San Francisco!
by aidandunne » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:36 am
no interest whatsoever, but I would pay for HBO, though!
by Boat Eggs » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:15 am
No interest in ESPN3. When I used to have Comcast I checked it out a few times on my Xbox and it was maybe once a month something that I would actually watch.

However, if you could partner with localish TV stations to stream their content over your networks I would love that. Here in Santa Rosa you can get the major networks but only if you have a big antenna and/or a really good amp. If you could integrate it into something like Boxee and stream it to your customers I would gladly pay extra for that
by jherro » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:56 am
I hate the ESPN3 business model but there have been several times they have had things I've wanted to watch. I don't support charging all customers for it. I much prefer the al la cart model.
I would be willing pitch into a kickstarter like campaign to bring it to Sonic for everybody.
I'd throw in $50-$100 for the 3 years. If more than that was required I'd have to think about.
by wordburn » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:03 am
Not for me, thanks. I don't watch sports, and wouldn't want to pay for it.
by John » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:04 am
NO!

I wouldn't want to pay an extra $5/month just to get this.

I would rather ask Sonic.net to expand Fusion in SOCAL to compete with ATT and give consumers an alternative to ATT/TWC, etc.
by dane » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:50 pm
John wrote:NO!

I wouldn't want to pay an extra $5/month just to get this.

I would rather ask Sonic.net to expand Fusion in SOCAL to compete with ATT and give consumers an alternative to ATT/TWC, etc.
The idea would be to see if there were enough customers who wanted ESPN service to pre-fund the three year commitment. Don't want it? Don't contribute! If those that do we're to raise enough funds, that would cover the cost.

We are building in LA now, FYI, that will be only around year-end.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by bobrk » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:59 am
Not interested at all.
by Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:42 pm
I'm another long time Sonic customer that strongly dislikes the ESPN3 business model hopes Sonic doesn't give into them.

While I realize it's a much harder obstacle to overcome, what about the idea of trying to influence ESPN to consider an a la carte business model by starting a petition of Sonic.net customers that want the service & would be willing to pay ESPN a monthly subscription fee to get access? People from other ISPs that don't have access could also sign. That way ESPN could quantify in hard numbers revenue they are loosing.

Or another idea, has anyone considered looking into the VPN subscription services to see if any of them are hosted on a network that would allow access to ESPN3?
by techlynn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:42 pm
My guy would Love ESPN3 so it would be worth it for 5$ a month.
82 posts Page 6 of 9