Any chance that Sonic would consider Netflix CDN?

Television services and online video discussion.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
by polpo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:02 pm
They're already on it. See for yourself at https://signup.netflix.com/superhd - it should say "Your Internet Provider is ready for Super HD!" meaning they're part of the Netflix CDN network.

Sonic also has Akamai CDN boxes directly on their network as well.
by droz037 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:22 pm
well F**K yeah then.....currently not at home, couldn't check
by dane » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:58 am
I can confirm that we are up and running with Netflix Open Connect.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by Nathanharding » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:32 pm
I just checked my DSL service and it says my DSL provider is not set up. Is this a Southern California issue?
by dane » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:21 am
Nathanharding wrote:
I just checked my DSL service and it says my DSL provider is not set up. Is this a Southern California issue?


Yes, good point - we do not currently have Netflix Open Connect deployed for our Southern California customers. As the number of members there grows, it's likely to become feasible, but for now at least there are not yet enough customers.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by ojpti » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:35 pm
Are San Francisco customers benefitting from this? I'm considering switching away from Comcast precisely because of this issue. I live in the mission, distance is 6000ft. Any Sonic users in SF out there able to verify good Neflix performance at prime time?
by desertflyer » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:37 pm
ojpti wrote:
Are San Francisco customers benefitting from this? I'm considering switching away from Comcast precisely because of this issue. I live in the mission, distance is 6000ft. Any Sonic users in SF out there able to verify good Neflix performance at prime time?


I live in the Mission near the central office at Otis & McCoppin. I use a Roku and Netflix/Amazon/Hulu instead of traditional TV service and I never have problems, no matter the time of day. Netflix picture quality on SuperHD programs is great.
by stefanl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:51 pm
polpo wrote:
They're already on it. See for yourself at https://signup.netflix.com/superhd - it should say "Your Internet Provider is ready for Super HD!" meaning they're part of the Netflix CDN network.


This link doesn't work for me and now simply redirects to http://www.netflix.com/WiHome . Should this be working?
--
Stefan Lasiewski, stefanco.com
by desertflyer » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:41 pm
Netflix let all providers access SuperHD now, regardless of if they use the OpenConnect CDN. That's probably why they took the link down.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 422 on Sat May 26, 2012 5:28 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests