Fusion and Power Outages

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by dana » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:09 pm
Sorry if this has been answered - I searched, but didn't find anything. There's been a lot of reporting about phones and power going out in Sandy - what worked and what didn't. I keep an old rotary, plug-in (corded) phone just for such instances, but wonder how a power outage would affect Fusion. If the power is out at my house, will the corded phone work? Will it work if the power is off at Sonic (or wherever Fusion lives)?

thanks

ps - really like the new telemarketers blocking - calls with hangups have dropped to nearly zero.
by dane » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:12 pm
dana wrote:Sorry if this has been answered - I searched, but didn't find anything. There's been a lot of reporting about phones and power going out in Sandy - what worked and what didn't. I keep an old rotary, plug-in (corded) phone just for such instances, but wonder how a power outage would affect Fusion. If the power is out at my house, will the corded phone work? Will it work if the power is off at Sonic (or wherever Fusion lives)?
Yes, Fusion is "plain old telephone service" (POTS), line powered traditional landline service. As you've noted, you need to assure you have a wired phone which does not require power. Most cordless phone systems require power, so having a good old fashioned phone is important in an emergency.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dana » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:40 pm
Thank you - one more reason to recommend Fusion.
3 posts Page 1 of 1