New format for payment email

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
by nweninger » Mon May 13, 2019 7:13 pm
The new format for the email I receive to tell me that an automatic payment will be processed is pretty but it’s missing a critical piece of information: the amount of the payment. In the past I have checked to see if the amount is what I anticipate and if it is, i’m done and delete the email.

Without that amount, I now will have to log in to your website, one more thing to do.

I have many bills on automatic payment and every one of them includes the amount of the invoice. I know you can do this, as you’ve been doing it the whole time I’ve been a sonic.net customer. Please consider making this change, and if you can’t do that I’d like to know why. Thanks.
by dct » Wed May 15, 2019 10:49 am
Hey nweninger,

Thanks for your feedback! The new format is designed Sonic as a recurring service charge, much like Netflix or Hulu, where the price does not change from month to month unless new services have been added.

Regardless, I'll make sure your suggestions are brought up in our ongoing discussions regarding the billing notification.

Kind regards,
Dan T.
Community & Escalations Manager
707-547-3400
@Sonic
by nweninger » Wed May 15, 2019 4:22 pm
Did you know that my bill is not for the exact same amount every month? Netflix is the only one of my recurring charges that is always the same. The difference in my sonic bill is less than a dollar, but it isn’t a fixed recurring charge.
by virtualmike » Thu May 16, 2019 10:22 pm
Yeah, my bill is slightly different each month, too.
by eegods1 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:26 am
Sonic's billing amount is different every month, with all the little charges and credits that keep morphing. It's rather odd, IMHO.
by js9erfan » Wed May 22, 2019 6:21 am
Agreed, please add the automatic payment amount back to the monthly email notifications. Thank you.
by virtualmike » Fri May 24, 2019 10:28 pm
+1

When the bill is in email, I can review the detail quickly and ensure all is well. Having to log in and navigate through menus to find it is tedious and frustrating.
by cmeisel » Tue May 28, 2019 3:53 pm
I actually like the new system very much. And logging in and checking (not that I see much of a need) is easy enough and in line with what many other services do. I set a bookmark to https://members.sonic.net/account/billing_history/ and voila one click and I am there.
by ankh » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:03 pm
price does not change from month to month unless new services have been added.
Also asked elsewhere including email to Support, but perhaps someone reading here knows:

My elderly neighbor, who I convinced to switch from Comcast, asks me why her Sonic bill is $10 higher this month.

Has anyone else seen an unexplained bump?
by ankh » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:22 pm
Sonic helpdesk replied to my inquiry, saying:
We send a copy of the invoice to the email address on file on a monthly basis.
Well, no.
10 posts Page 1 of 1