3rd Party Long Distance Migration

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by Chih » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:21 am
I switched to Sonic recently. Previously, I had ATT and used a service, "EOT" or Empire One Telecom, to handle long distance calls. My phone number was ported from ATT to Sonic, and the service is running at my house now.

I want to cancel EOT. I called EOT, but they told me to call ATT. I called ATT and they told me that the account is closed and that I should call Sonic. I called Sonic and they said there's no long distance carrier tied to the account.

I don't want to be double-billed for my Sonic service and the EOT long distance service. Any advice?
by dane » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:31 am
How did EOT bill you? On the AT&T bill, or directly?

If it was on the AT&T bill, I'd expect it will close out automatically now that you will no longer get an AT&T bill.

If they bill separately, they should accept your cancellation request, and stop billing you. If they continue to bill you even after switching to Sonic.net, dispute that bill with them directly, and if they fail to respond, file an informal complaint with the California Public Utilities Commission on their website.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Chih » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:38 pm
I have been receiving a separate bill from EOT. I will look closely at my bills next month.
by virtualmike » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:11 pm
One thing to note is that you cannot have any EOT usage when dialing calls through Sonic.net, unless you're dialing a separate access number first. If you're dialing standard 1+ or 011+ calls, the calls will not go through EOT.

Some long distance companies charge monthly fees, so you will want to watch for that.
4 posts Page 1 of 1