Fusion voice mail alert to text?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by fsquared » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:09 pm
I'd love for Sonic to offer the capability of sending a "hey, you've got voice mail" text to a mobile number. I don't need it to include the voice mail itself, I just want to know that I've received a message on my Fusion line when I'm not at home.

I built my own way to do that by having Sonic email my voice mail messages to my Gmail account, then using IFTTT to trigger a text to my mobile number any time that Gmail account receives email from Sonic. It worked fine...until today, when Google cut off IFTTT access to Gmail. So I'm back to ask whether Sonic could offer that feature directly. If I ask the CommPortal to email my mobile number through the SMS gateway, will that work?
by abc123 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:39 pm
You've been able to get texts on new voicemail for years:
https://members.sonic.net/voice/settings/delivery/
by fsquared » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:05 pm
abc123 wrote:You've been able to get texts on new voicemail for years:
https://members.sonic.net/voice/settings/delivery/
That link takes me to a page that says "There are no Fusion Voice numbers associated with this account." I have fiber, so it may not be relevant to me.
by SonicInternetUser » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:23 pm
Did you try using your mobile carrier email address so you could get the sms? For example, if you have T-mobile you could use your10digitnumber@tmomail.net to get an sms.
by fsquared » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:15 pm
SonicInternetUser wrote:Did you try using your mobile carrier email address so you could get the sms? For example, if you have T-mobile you could use your10digitnumber@tmomail.net to get an sms.
That hadn't occurred to me. Thanks, I'll try it.
5 posts Page 1 of 1