Nomorobo's blocking legitimate numbers

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
by Frustrated » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:32 pm
I have at least 2 numbers that are being blocked that *should* not be blocked.

888-642-4567 - Alarm.com
800-945-7700 - Flagstar Bank

Can I ask why these numbers were even blocked in the first place?
by joemuller » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:25 pm
Frustrated wrote:
I have at least 2 numbers that are being blocked that *should* not be blocked.

888-642-4567 - Alarm.com
800-945-7700 - Flagstar Bank

Can I ask why these numbers were even blocked in the first place?


The first number for the security alarm service has now been unblocked. The second number should not be blocked at this time.

Usually these numbers get blocked due to a high number of automated calls going to the wrong number (or a number that used to belong to their customer(s)) - enough complaints result in it getting blocked. Thank you for letting us know those numbers were being blocked by mistake.
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by Frustrated » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:37 pm
Thanks. I'm still not following why the alarm company number was blocked in the first place. It wasn't at one point and then it was.

Is there anyway to flag it so it *never* gets blocked?

Who does one complain to about spam calls? I've seen posts from people reporting phone numbers, but since those numbers are more than likely spoofed, it doesn't seem to make much sense to either report or block them. For instance, my home POTS home phone number called me one time as did my cell - although I wasn't using my cell at the time. Obviously I shouldn't be requesting my cell number be blocked...

I also emailed support today asking if I could see a list of numbers that have been blocked. Is that the proper way to go about finding out what numbers have been blocked? As a side note, it would be nice if the support people answering the phone knew more about Nomorobo. It took 3 (or more) phone calls and no one seemed to be aware Nomorobo could be the culprit.
by joemuller » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:21 pm
Frustrated wrote:
Thanks. I'm still not following why the alarm company number was blocked in the first place. It wasn't at one point and then it was.

Is there anyway to flag it so it *never* gets blocked?


It's possible for you to see if an inbound call has been blocked - see the Voice section on our Member Tools page.

I've made sure the Flagstar Bank number is marked as legitimate, so it should not get blocked.
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by Frustrated » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:55 pm
joemuller wrote:
Frustrated wrote:
Thanks. I'm still not following why the alarm company number was blocked in the first place. It wasn't at one point and then it was.

Is there anyway to flag it so it *never* gets blocked?


It's possible for you to see if an inbound call has been blocked - see the Voice section on our Member Tools page.


Where exactly would I do this? When I look at that page, I just see I have the option to turn NomoRobo on or off.
by virtualmike » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:24 pm
Look at the call logs under "Voice."
by Frustrated » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:29 am
virtualmike wrote:
Look at the call logs under "Voice."


Thanks... it wasn't listed as that but I got to the page.

But that seems to show calls that got through (and that I made), but what about blocked? I know calls were blocked this week, but that doesn't show.

My choices are, "View Full Details, Download History and View International Calling Rates"

View Full Details and Download History show calls that got through, but not blocked.
by virtualmike » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:03 pm
Any calls that are blocked will be so identified in the "Type" column.
by Frustrated » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:45 pm
virtualmike wrote:
Any calls that are blocked will be so identified in the "Type" column.


I'm not seeing anything that shows as "blocked" or any wording that would indicate the call didn't come through. I'm also not seeing the phone number I know had been blocked as an incoming phone call. I can see my phone call to the blocked number, but can't see any blocked calls coming to my phone.

I'm looking at the Full Details for 2 separate months. If there's something else I should be looking at, please advise.
by virtualmike » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:53 pm
Our Fusion voice number has never been published or given to anyone, so we've never had any NMR-blocked calls attempted. Otherwise, I'd show a screen shot of what to look for.

There was a discussion in the forum 2-3 years ago where Sonic staff confirmed what shows in the call log, after another member posted a screen shot. I tried to find it, but it looks like I'm not using the correct search terms.
12 posts Page 1 of 2

Who is online

In total there are 10 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 422 on Sat May 26, 2012 5:28 am

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests