Nomorobo's blocking legitimate numbers

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
12 posts Page 2 of 2
by nhbriggs » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:49 am
A thought: Do you have "anonymous call rejection" enabled on your voice options page?

I haven't used that feature so I don't know whether there's a record in the call details info when that is the reason a call is rejected. It's also unclear why an alarm company would not be providing caller id. I can confirm that NMR blocked calls do show up as "blocked" rather than "external" in the "Type" column of the voice usage details page.
by cakewalk » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:40 pm
nhbriggs wrote:A thought: Do you have "anonymous call rejection" enabled on your voice options page?
It's not enabled, but the calls I'm getting that I don't want to get are from what look like legitimate numbers.

If it means "caller-id blocking is enabled," then that's not something I want since I also receive calls from people I know who have caller-id blocking turned on, so I don't want to it make harder for them to reach me.
nhbriggs wrote:It's also unclear why an alarm company would not be providing caller id.
The alarm company is not blocking their outgoing phone number. It was just being blocked by NomoRobo.
nhbriggs wrote:I can confirm that NMR blocked calls do show up as "blocked" rather than "external" in the "Type" column of the voice usage details page.
I need to dispute that. The alarm company calls did not make it to me, but also the call listing shows *no* blocked calls for all of February and so far this month and I *know* the alarm company tried to call me in early March.
12 posts Page 2 of 2