Two rings, local number, air duct cleaning

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by digitalbitstream » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:45 pm
1-5 times a day I get a call from a seemly local number. The phone rings twice then hangs up.
I recognize the pattern now, but on occasion these calls get answered, and they are always spam.

Could Sonic key on the two ring thing, and start blocking?
Anyone else get the same pattern of calls?
by digitalbitstream » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:56 pm
One of the calls comes at dinner time.
The number is always my area code and prefix.
It rings twice, then hangs up.

I no longer pick up until the third ring.
by apl » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:21 pm
Yes, I've been seeing something very similar. In fact, was looking up my call records earlier today to see if these were from a consistent number (they are not). In my case they are:
1) Either one (usually) or two a day, every day of the week except Saturday.
2) Mostly between 7:30 and 8:10 PM, occasionally as early as 6:55 or as late as 8:55.
3) From my area code (but not my exchange).
4) Hangs up after exactly two rings (10 or 11 seconds on the call record).

I don't know what can be done about this without a caller id authentication system. Supposedly the FCC is working on this, but I'm not holding my breath.
by shaunosullivan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:11 pm
Here are well.

This is funny and irritating, I just dropped AT&T home service and back then I would get the duct cleaning robo calls and low and behold, last night during the Oscars...hello duct cleaning company.

side note: I have no ducts.

digitalbitstream wrote:1-5 times a day I get a call from a seemly local number. The phone rings twice then hangs up.
I recognize the pattern now, but on occasion these calls get answered, and they are always spam.

Could Sonic key on the two ring thing, and start blocking?
Anyone else get the same pattern of calls?
by km.glenda » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:27 pm
Same thing going on with me for weeks. Local number, which changes every night, rings twice usually between 7:30-8:00pm and disconnects. When I call the number back it disconnects without an answer. Called Sonic tonight to report problem and was told to go to Member Tools and report the number each time it calls.
5 posts Page 1 of 1