Strange (Yet Accurate) Caller ID Info

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by lincolnspector » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:28 pm
Hi, everyone.

We switched from AT&T to Sonic a few months ago, both for Internet and landline. We never had caller ID with AT&T; it didn't seem worth a few more dollars on the bill. And we were delighted to discover, after the switch, that we had caller ID at no extra charge.

But we're curious and confused about how some of the phone numbers are identified. Someone, somewhere, is getting some very specific information.

Sometimes a call is identified by a phone number, and sometimes by a name. Usually, but not always, when it's by name, it's someone we know. We figured maybe there's a phonebook somewhere for lookup.

But here's the really weird one: If I call home from my cell phone or office phone, I'm identified as "Dad." Accurate, but not how I'm listed in the phone book.

Any possible explanations?

Lincoln
by dane » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:53 pm
Yes - most home phone systems have a directory, and if a number is in it they use the name there instead. My Panasonic DECT phone at home does this.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1