Identifying number called for voicemail

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by lrw » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:38 pm
I have fusion at work ( 2 lines) and at home ( i line).
If the call goes to voicemail I receive an email from Fusion voicemail but it does not identify which number was called..
It is important for me to know on which number the voicemail was received as it will often clue me in as to whether or not an immediate response is needed.

I would really like to see busy and no answer call forwarding so that all those calls would go to GoogleVoice and i would not have to deal with fusion voicemail at all.

Lew
by kgc » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:27 pm
I kept the destination number out of the Subject and SMS notifications to keep them so they wouldn't get truncated by the average mail client. I'm not sure it is something that we will end up changing but I will keep this in mind.

In the meantime this information in the X-Sonic-VM-DID message headers, and depending on your mail client you may be able to have it expose this header to you. The Mnenhy extension for thunderbird allows you to do this.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by lrw » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:41 pm
Perhaps "Fusion Voicemail" in the subject could be truncated to "Fusion VM" which would leave room for the last 4 digits of the phone number. For instance it could read in my case "FusionVM-7800". for one of my lines

Lew
by hexapuma » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:18 am
You could also do this with a few lines of code in procmail to modify the subjects of incoming notification e-mails.

If you're not a procmail fan, send me an e-mail if you want help trying it out.
by kgc » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:34 am
Something like this ought to work (untested)

Code: Select all

:0
* ^X-Sonic-VM-DID.*
{
 :0 h
 NUMBER =| formail -xX-Sonic-VM-DID:

:0 h
 SUBJECT =| formail -xSubject:

:0 hf
 | formail -A "Subject: $SUBJECT to $NUMBER"
}
Kelsey Cummings