Hanging up on answering machines

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by ravens » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:34 pm
I wonder about a behavior when I hang up on a voice mail system or answering machine. The phone system will leave me connected and call me back one or more times. Does some setting affect this? I would rather hang up and be done with it (and trust that the voice mail system will save my message by default, as worked under my old phone provider).
by dane » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:35 pm
That's odd. I will ask the team to review!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:01 am
Are you hanging up, or are you "flashing" the line?

My spouse had that problem, not realizing that our Fusion line has 3-way calling. After finishing one call, my spouse (not used to 3-way calling) would hang up and almost immediately pick up again to dial another call. Upon finishing the second call, the first call would ring back.

After a little bit of training ("hang up, count to five, then pick up again to call"), there haven't been any further problems.
by dane » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:00 am
Ah, this makes sense. If you pick right back up, that could be seen as a hook-flash.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ravens » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:09 am
Thanks, but it doesn't fit the case. I simply hang up, and in a couple of seconds the phone starts ringing....
by dane » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:27 am
ravens wrote:Thanks, but it doesn't fit the case. I simply hang up, and in a couple of seconds the phone starts ringing....
Odd. Please send a report to support@sonic.net, and include the number you called from and to, and the date and time that this occurred, plus a brief description of what happened. The will route your report to network operations and they can review the logs for the event.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:07 pm
Thank you. I'll give that a try.
7 posts Page 1 of 1