Page 1 of 1

NoMoRobo functioning

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:00 am
by spbriggs
I have friends who have NoMoRobo thru Verizon or an individual subscription They report that when it is working, their phone rings once, while NMR is checking the number, then stops. I don't have this happening.

I have no way of knowing if NMR is working or not, but I do get a lot of spam calls going thru to my answering machine (not Sonic voicemail).

Is the way it works in other installations the proper way? Am I missing something?

Re: NoMoRobo functioning

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:01 am
by anonymous1
I get a fair amount of spam calls on my Sonic voicemail. Same area code and prefix, clearly forged caller id.

Re: NoMoRobo functioning

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:47 pm
by virtualmike
spbriggs wrote:
I have no way of knowing if NMR is working...

Check your call details. If you see some eight-second calls with an adjacent entry where the "Type" is "Blocked," then NMR is working, even though your phone doesn't ring.

Re: NoMoRobo functioning

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:41 pm
by EYL
Look at your monthly voice call list. The blocked calls are shown there.

Re: NoMoRobo functioning

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:00 pm
by captron248
virtualmike wrote:
spbriggs wrote:
I have no way of knowing if NMR is working...

Check your call details. If you see some eight-second calls with an adjacent entry where the "Type" is "Blocked," then NMR is working, even though your phone doesn't ring.


Is that true ? I have NMR turned on and just looked through my last 12 months of of calls. Not one is flagged as "blocked".

Re: NoMoRobo functioning

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:38 pm
by spbriggs
Yes. We get 6 or so junk/spam calls per day. I checked the Sonic call log for November and NoMoRobo blocked 2 (!) calls all month!

Re: NoMoRobo functioning

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:13 pm
by virtualmike
captron248 wrote:
Is that true ? I have NMR turned on and just looked through my last 12 months of of calls. Not one is flagged as "blocked".

I've only had one or two over the past year. <knocking wood>

Re: NoMoRobo functioning

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:32 pm
by digitalbitstream
Could someone post a screen shot of a NoMoRobo blocked call report? I can't see ANY.
I get plenty of spam calls through.