Stuck between AT&T and Sonic

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by johnaney » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:32 pm
I'm having some trouble, and I hope someone can help me out.

Three weeks ago or so, I noticed that our Fusion voice line was acting up. It started to buzz very loudly on the line, and calls were not coming in reliably. Sometimes the calls would ring once and then disconnect. All this time our DSL was working fine, and since I have a mobile phone, I put off contacting anyone about this for another week or so.

I finally was able to call last Friday (7/20) and, after doing some troubleshooting with the service tech on the Sonic support line, it was eventually determined that there was a physical problem with the line somewhere outside my home, and that an AT&T technician would need to be dispatched. As it was Friday evening, the soonest anyone could get there was Saturday.

So, Saturday the 21st, on a very hot day, while my family waited to go to the pool, I waited for the technician, who finally showed up in the late afternoon. He took a look at the line, went off in his truck to check out some other point on the line, and came back saying that it was a problem at the 'office,' and that it was likely something wrong with Sonic's equipment at the AT&T 'office' (I assume he meant the CO). I called Sonic support, and had the tech speak with the AT&T tech, and they said someone needed to go to the office to see what the problem was. Unfortunately the local office isn't staffed on the weekends, so it would have to wait until Monday.

So, last Monday, I called again to see what the status was, and I was told they were working on it, and someone would get back to me. A couple days later I called again, and was told that there needed to be a 'port change' at the 'local office' and that a trouble ticket had been filed for that work to be done by the 26th (Thursday). Meanwhile, my DSL started acting up, and the connection kept dropping. And I also discovered that since my DirectTV uses the phone line, I wouldn't be able to order movies or do some other things until it was fixed. So, Friday came around and I called again. This time I was told (by Danny at Sonic.net support) that someone made a mistake with the port change, and that they would put out another trouble ticket for AT&T to get the problem solved. Danny assured me that Sonic took this 'very seriously,' and that, at the latest, AT&T would make the service call by 7pm on Saturday (the 28th - today). Coming home at 10PM this evening - still no phone, and DSL still drops out every 2 minutes or so.

I feel like I am stuck between Sonic at AT&T, and neither company seems to want to fix this problem very badly. As you can imagine, I'm very frustrated. My neighbors got xfinity installed today, and I was tempted to walk over to the xfinity guy and offer to make him a deal if he could get my phone, internet and tv working reliably.

Can someone PLEASE help with this? The trouble ticket is #2087379. I'm at wit's end...
by John Aney » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:44 pm
In case anyone is following along at home, I finally got a call from Carrie at Sonic.net, and the problem has been resolved. It turns out there was a problem both with some Sonic equipment and with AT&T's general laziness about looking into the problem...

jta
2 posts Page 1 of 1