'Add Services' section in CommPortal?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by alxyang24 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:53 am
I just got Fiber installed earlier today and have been exploring the voice/ communicator mobile features

I noticed when I log into the commportal there is an add features tab with the following options:
Follow Me
Priority Call
Do Not Disturb
Account Codes
Advanced voice
Video Calling

I'm interested in Priority Call and Advanced Voice primarily
2018-11-17 22_44_47-Sonic.net - CommPortal.png
2018-11-17 22_44_47-Sonic.net - CommPortal.png (27.3 KiB) Viewed 3349 times
I'm fairly interested in these options, but can't find any documentation on them and it says "and may mean that your monthly bill increases" when you attempt to sign up for them.
2018-11-17 22_45_10-Sonic.net - CommPortal.png
2018-11-17 22_45_10-Sonic.net - CommPortal.png (24.73 KiB) Viewed 3349 times
Also am I missing anything when it comes to voicemail on the Mobile communicator? Is it not on the mobile app at all?
by alxyang24 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:54 pm
I called Sonic support and according to the person I talked to, these services should be "free" as part of the account. I turned on Priority Call and Advanced Call Quality, but it doesn't seem like it changes much.

I also discovered you can have voicemails emailed to you, so thats nice!
by jacob.karinen » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:47 am
Hi axlyang24,

I was under the impression those options were a feature for our enterprise customers. After bringing it up to our Network Operations team they determined that you seeing it was a bug and unintended. They're working to correct it and so it's something you won't have access to soon. I'm sorry but it's not something we have public documentation that I can direct you to. If we bring it to our residential users in the future then we'll have documentation to go with it. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
by alxyang24 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:29 pm
jacob.karinen wrote:Hi axlyang24,

I was under the impression those options were a feature for our enterprise customers. After bringing it up to our Network Operations team they determined that you seeing it was a bug and unintended. They're working to correct it and so it's something you won't have access to soon. I'm sorry but it's not something we have public documentation that I can direct you to. If we bring it to our residential users in the future then we'll have documentation to go with it. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Ah okay, I presume it will be removed from my account as I believe I signed up for Priority, Advanced, Video, it didn't seem to really change much anyway.

Does priority setting equate with the distinctive ringtone list? Its not clear where the distinctive ringtone shows up? on the mobile app?
2018-11-19 13_24_43-Sonic.net - CommPortal.jpg
2018-11-19 13_24_43-Sonic.net - CommPortal.jpg (14.59 KiB) Viewed 3232 times
4 posts Page 1 of 1