Harrassing Telephone Calls and 10-Minute Voicemails

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
15 posts Page 2 of 2
by ben1960 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:31 am
The FCC has informed me that it is not against FCC regulations for Sonic to block the harasser's telephone number from the entire Sonic network. The FCC has advised me that I should file a complaint against Sonic with the FCC.
by dane » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:34 pm
ben1960 wrote:The FCC has informed me that it is not against FCC regulations for Sonic to block the harasser's telephone number from the entire Sonic network. The FCC has advised me that I should file a complaint against Sonic with the FCC.
A carrier cannot simply block a telephone number carrier-wide at the request of one of our customers. That's simply not permitted, despite what someone at the FCC might tell you over the phone. The only scenario where I see that being possible is if we were to receive an order from a court that required us to do that - but even this would be subject to regulatory oversight, and could be overturned by the FCC or CPUC.

Again, I would suggest you consider a couple things:

First and foremost, report the incidents to the police, and then seek a protective order that bars the person from calling you. This will give you some recourse if they continue. If they do continue, you could then seek an order to their carrier to disconnect their service, or arrest, depending upon the severity of the situation.

Second, get a telephone that lets you block calls from their number. I provided a link to one option, here's that again: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HXMJ14S/re ... MBbV2QVNMJ

Finally, this could become a legitimate safety issue for you, and public discussion forums are not the best place for you to try to seek a solution. This is a law enforcement issue and you really must contact them.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by wresnick » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:33 am
I don't understand why you can't just block it with the Comm Portal. Why isn't Reject Selected from the Call Manager able to handle it if you add it to the list?
by dane » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:45 am
wresnick wrote:I don't understand why you can't just block it with the Comm Portal. Why isn't Reject Selected from the Call Manager able to handle it if you add it to the list?
The service he is on is Fusion with POTS voice, and it doesn’t have the same features as the VoIP platform.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by wresnick » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:32 am
In that case, a possibility would be to port his number to VOIP whether it's through you or not. It's not up to me to tell him to spend money on another service, and I don't know the logistics behind which service makes sense to provide, but it's theoretically possible.

The only thing I lost by no longer having POTS is that I can't use a dial phone.
15 posts Page 2 of 2