Option to remove Fusion Voice from package

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
43 posts Page 2 of 5
by Jeri » Wed May 27, 2020 4:31 pm
I also find it frustrating to pay for a service I do not use and to be responsible for a piece of equipment I do not want. If you must charge the $10, then why not offer a discount in another line item if the phone is not used and the phone spitter returned? I’m sure there is a creative way to resolve this. Nobody likes to pay for something that they don’t want.
by jillnbruce » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:35 pm
I had a bit of a surprise to pay for all the voice tax and charges, when also, I am not using nor wanted the voice option. It seems a bit like false advertising, right, when I received all sorts of mailings and they have big splashy web pages advertising internet for $39.99/mo. I was quite shocked with my first bill being $60/mo.! :( It's very frustrating and makes me angry.
Bossman, please change your marketing so you don't have so many unhappy customers, eh? Why be sneaky? Why not be honest and up front about the costs so consumers can make an informed choice? Your internet is still fast and is a great product -- why make us angry for no reason? Wouldn't you rather have good reviews and happy customers?
by julianim » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:20 pm
SF fiber customer here -- really like the internet service, but just wanted to +1 for an option to remove Voice. For the many, many users like me who don't use it, it is annoying to have to pay for the service. I don't know Sonic's business, but if it were just a $0 marginal cost thing for them to provide, I could understand them always bundling it in -- but given that there are marginal costs / taxes associated with it, seems wasteful to bundle it in.
by kdquine » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:05 pm
(California)

I filed a petition with CPUC to force Sonic to unbundle the phone service and stop senselessly charging us fees, some of which go to the state, some of which go to themselves for a service they know we don't use.

Make no mistake - Sonic is lying if they are telling you that unbundling phone service wouldn't save you money. They aren't keeping 100% of the fees they're forcing us to incur. Dropping phone service would indeed reduce cost of internet service to the consumer.

I encourage other California subscribers who are frustrated about the forced bundling of phone service to file a petition with CPUC as well.
by srameswaran » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:47 pm
I know it's an old thread. I just want to add a +1 here. I don't have any need for a landline voice. It's also useless in the case of a fire, without a battery backup. In fact it's easier to keep my mobile phone juiced up and connected.
Paying close to $10 more for something I don't use definitely infuriates me.
by danaronson » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:32 pm
add a +1 here
by peetucket » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:15 pm
+1
by jai_dit » Wed May 05, 2021 11:58 pm
I saw in another thread that Sonic is considering "initiating a market test for a data only product", i.e. without the voice line. I very much hope that the test is successful and that Sonic considers offering such a product.
by pvtfreeman » Tue May 11, 2021 2:18 pm
+1!!
by retsyx » Fri May 14, 2021 3:51 pm
+1
43 posts Page 2 of 5