Option to remove Fusion Voice from package

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
43 posts Page 3 of 5
by activelive » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:29 am
+1 here. I too am NOT using the voice whatsoever, and is paying $10+ for nothing.
by futbolmurph10 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:33 pm
+1 and btw it's way more than $10 a month - with all the taxes and fees the voice actually adds up to over $24 a month or ~$297 a year! What a waste and how infuriating. :x
by arthurdo1 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:18 pm
+1 infuriating to pay $12 taxes for service i don't want or use. the marketing that sonic is required to provide it and benefits customers is crap misdirection.
by zulnov » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:50 am
Same here.. +1. I've been a Sonic Fiber customer for a very long time (I'm very happy with it), but have been paying for this useless service without ever using it.
by karcass » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:10 pm
Very unhappy at the bait-and-switch. Very unhappy at the weak-sauce answer from Sonic.
by mseiden » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:06 pm
add me to the long list of people who neither need nor want the phone service you are supplying.
the ability to just use SIP would be much better than what you are providing. moreover, since my
service is over att fiber (and att does not force me to use their voice service) your pricing is uncompetitive
with att's offering using the same infrastructure. as much as i would like to support sonic over att
(particularly due to their megacontributions to texas antiabortion legislators) if your service is 20%
more expensive due to a service i neither need nor want, i will be very tempted to switch back to them
if only to save $300 per year. (also, i find out none of your promos apparently apply to this service).
by mgoldburg » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:25 am
+1 on making VoIP optional. It's possible that ATT's resale agreement requires Sonic to include voice services. For Sonic's native services, however, they certainly have the option to make VoIP optional.

On Sonic's resold ATT service, I pay $9.98/month, $120/year, for ATA rental and voice-related fees for a service that I don't use. The ATA sits in a closet in its original packaging.

I subscribed to Sonic with a pre-existing VoIP service (Ooma Premier) that's reliable and has a good feature set. I have no desire or plans to switch VoIP providers, which makes the $9.98/month in VoIP charges that now appears on my Internet bill annoying.
by jfarwell21 » Sun May 15, 2022 8:23 am
+1
by mborsetti » Tue May 24, 2022 5:13 pm
Very annoyed of being forced to get a voice line with my new fiber service, a line I do not want nor use.

Even more so, am quite angry of having to pay $182.88/year in Sonic fees and government taxes associated with this unused line. :cry:
by cmeisel » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:46 am
I hope very much that sonic can find a way to stop all this whining over the phone. My suggestion is to allow people to remove the phone and overall raise the price for the fiber connection by $20 per month because it is worth more than what sonic charges, even with the phone. People who don't like it can switch, good luck finding any equal provider.
43 posts Page 3 of 5