Multiple Voicemail Mailboxes

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by dmarzane » Thu May 24, 2012 2:47 pm
I would like to see more than one VM mailbox for each sonic.net line. My wife and I would prefer to have messages routed to our own mailboxes. i.e. initial greeting could be setup to say press 1 to leave a message for Dave and press 2 to leave a message for Andee. Is this something that may be added in the future?
by wa2ibm » Thu May 24, 2012 8:37 pm
This is why I use my own voice processing device. This is also why I'd like to see busy call-forward available as a configurable option (to allow forwarding to a non-Fusion line).
by dane » Thu May 24, 2012 9:28 pm
dmarzane wrote:I would like to see more than one VM mailbox for each sonic.net line. My wife and I would prefer to have messages routed to our own mailboxes. i.e. initial greeting could be setup to say press 1 to leave a message for Dave and press 2 to leave a message for Andee. Is this something that may be added in the future?
This is a feature we have talked about internally - we think it would be great for households (complete with unique SMS notifications to each party) or to business users. Currently we're deep in a couple other projects, so voicemail updates are not on the hot list, but I appreciate the note.

I will ask - will you put this in our feature vote box, so we can see if others are also interested? Visit http://sonicnet.uservoice.com/ to add this.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by pcorning » Wed May 30, 2012 2:30 pm
wa2ibm's suggestion is a very good one.

I use Google Voice, would love to forward unanswered calls from my Sonic.net number to GV.

Plenty of people use services like RingCentral, Phone.com, Google and others to consolidate land-line and mobile messages under a single box. AT&T, T-Mobile and others offer busy/no-answer transfer features that allow this. The absence of this feature is a daily irritant in what is otherwise a fantastic service.
by Mark » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:58 am
Seems crazy in this day and age not to have an option for multiple voicemail boxes. (I just signed up for phone service from Sonic and never even considered there wouldn't be a multiple voicemail option.) Does someone have a recommendation for an alternative solution?
5 posts Page 1 of 1