Caller ID issues

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by starbug » Sun May 06, 2012 12:36 pm
I have a Panasonic KX-TG6645. It has voice Caller ID. I think after a month the caller ID doesn't work right. I'm not sure if it's because of Sonic or because of the phone itself.

It seems to verbally say the person that's calling for a while and then it stops. Also when the verbal stops the phone will ring only once or twice before hanging up on the caller.

If I pull the power from the base unit it works again, but I'm wondering if Sonic has had issues with this phone before.
by dane » Sun May 06, 2012 1:47 pm
I have a similar Panasonic, works fine. The fact that a reboot of the phone fixes it points toward it being a bad phone.

(Don't assume the same about a modem that needs frequent reboots -- that could indicate either a bad modem or an unstable DSL line.)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by starbug » Sun May 06, 2012 6:41 pm
dane wrote:I have a similar Panasonic, works fine. The fact that a reboot of the phone fixes it points toward it being a bad phone.

(Don't assume the same about a modem that needs frequent reboots -- that could indicate either a bad modem or an unstable DSL line.)
So you think the phone is faulty and that I should exchange the phone for another?

It mostly happens for international incoming calls. It'll ring once and then hang up on them. They need to try a few times and still no luck. It also doesn't identify the numbers sometimes.
by dane » Sun May 06, 2012 7:37 pm
Well, it would certainly be worth unplugging that unit and plugging in another set to see if the issue goes away. Got an old phone lying around?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1