*70 feature requested to disable call waiting

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
by Guest » Thu May 03, 2012 1:04 pm
I am on conference calls frequently where call-waiting is not desired. With ATT, I could press *70 to temporarily disable call-waiting. Currently, I must go to the Sonic members site to disable it, and then re-enable it after I am finished. The problem is that I am not always able to get to the website before or during a call, plus it is often not even an option if I am in a web conference.

I look forward to having that option in the future.

thanks.
by Guest » Fri May 18, 2012 10:03 am
Hi - any response to this? It's really become quite a pain for web conferencing.

thanks.
by kgc » Fri May 18, 2012 12:02 pm
Due to how call waiting is currently implemented in our network it isn't possible to provide a * code to turn it off/on per call. We're aware of this limitation but don't have immediately plans to address it, however, a software update from our vendor may have made it possible for us to do so in the future.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by dane » Sat May 19, 2012 3:41 pm
You could turn it off using the member tools website. Clearly not as convenient.

We prioritize feature updates by a variety of factors including feasibility and customer interest. Please do visit the feature vote box here: http://sonicnet.uservoice.com/
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Michele » Tue May 29, 2012 3:30 pm
I'd like to second the request for easy call waiting turn off without logging in online.
About to give a teleclass presentation to 200 people via conference line. I teach frequently via conference call and would like this to be quick and easy procedure not requiring logging in, changing settings and loging back in with each conference.

Many thanks!
by rcoaster » Wed May 30, 2012 5:04 pm
I also wish to have the *70 feature. Thank you!
by oddhack » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:08 pm
I'll <n>'th the request.

I was very surprised to find out during my morning telecon that Fusion Voice even *had* call waiting. The Fusion Voice FAQ does not mention it, for example, and I can't find documentation on how to actually use it (never had it on any previous voice service so I'm clueless here).
by dane » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:59 am
oddhack wrote:I'll <n>'th the request.

I was very surprised to find out during my morning telecon that Fusion Voice even *had* call waiting. The Fusion Voice FAQ does not mention it, for example, and I can't find documentation on how to actually use it (never had it on any previous voice service so I'm clueless here).
You can turn it off using the web tools if you prefer not to have the feature enabled.

We don't at this time have a per-call option to disable call waiting.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by oddhack » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:30 pm
dane wrote:You can turn it off using the web tools if you prefer not to have the feature enabled.

We don't at this time have a per-call option to disable call waiting.
Understood. The missing documentation issue could be addressed pretty easily, though.
by rodrigo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:53 pm
18 posts Page 1 of 2