Caller ID on Fusion: need names, please

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
24 posts Page 1 of 3
by farmerbrown » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:34 am
Hi, has there been any progress on this issue?
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r256446 ... the-number

Although it's possible for me to memorize those long strings of digits and come to associate them with the individuals I love, it would be a lot nicer to see the caller's name, as I did with AT&T service.

Thanks.
by kgc » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:24 pm
I don't have an ETA for you but I know that we've been negotiating a new contract with our upstream providers that will include caller-id "dips" - where the caller-id information is looked up - on all calls rather than us just passing on whatever data was provided by the originating provider.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by js » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:19 pm
Yes, names with caller id, please!!
by nullgoo » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:42 pm
+1
I really hope you guys can work this out soon.

I miss having CID names like we did on AT&T. And now that we have a cordless phone that speaks out the CID, it gets annoying just hearing the long number "call from 1234567890" instead of an actual name.
by aet1214 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:11 am
I'm throwing in my vote here also, just to let the good people at Sonic.net know that the caller id NAME is something many of us have come to rely on. I HATE not knowing if I'm getting a call from a telemarketer or a new client. Please work on this quickly!
A new sonic customer
by dane » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:23 pm
Okay, I think this is in place now. You should see Caller-ID Name (CNAM) data with all calls where data is available now. Note that some carriers simply set this to "Verizon Wireless" or "Wireless Caller", and some send "Unknown", but you should see CNAM in all cases where you would have seen in on an incumbent carrier's service.

Let me know what you observe!

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by nullgoo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:25 pm
Thank you, but it doesn't appear to be working... Example, I called from an ATT cell and it just showed the number twice (as before), no text. Same cell calling an ATT landline shows the name.
by virtualmike » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:08 pm
I'm getting the same results as nullgoo. I received a call from my insurance agent, using an AT&T landline in Burlingame, and it showed just the number.
by Guest » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:47 pm
Same thing here. Just the number is displayed.
by npatrick » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:22 pm
Could you folks try again? We changed something with one of our voice upstream providers that may have fixed the issue.

If Caller ID name still isn't working, please open a ticket by e-mailing support@sonic.net with the source telephone number, destination telephone number, and exact time that the call was placed. Ask that the ticket be assigned to npatrick, and I'll investigate further.

Thanks!
24 posts Page 1 of 3