No busy signal for incoming when my line is busy with dialup

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by gjohnson » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:06 pm
My friend - and who knows who else - has called me repeatedly when my line is tied up with my sonic.net dial-up service, but he reports getting no busy signal, and ringing as many as 25 rings (before "trunk busy" kicks in). I have called AT&T (local land-line carrier) to ask how this is possible. Nice rep, but her line check revealed nothing abnormal, and she suggested that maybe it's something about the dial-up carrier (sonic.net), and I should check with them.

She probably has to mouth that nonsense to keep her job, but what do I know? Is this a common - or even existent - problem? Is there something about certain AT&T landlines that makes them NOT emit the usual busy signal when the line is busy (never mind, with what kind of usage), and an incoming call arrives?
by dane » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:19 pm
Do you have call waiting?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by I'm busy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:37 pm
No, I don't have call waiting, but callers get 1 ring and a hangup instead of a busy signal when I am on the line. Can this be fixed?
by dane » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:33 pm
I'm busy wrote:No, I don't have call waiting, but callers get 1 ring and a hangup instead of a busy signal when I am on the line. Can this be fixed?
If it's an AT&T voice service, you'd need to call 611 and ask them to respond.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by I'm busy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:47 pm
Thank you! I will give that a try.
5 posts Page 1 of 1